42.

Warning:

Explicit Sexual Content. If you're not comfortable with this, I suggest do not continue.

•••

The memory of Jungkook's face trying to explain to Sunghoon his choices would forever be engraved in Jin's brain. It was funny and exciting at the same time. Children were naturally curious, and Sunghoon wasn't different.

The first day was the funniest. Jungkook was bombarded with many questions, not about his presence in their lives or why he would be living with them. Sunghoon's questions were about his tattoos, eyebrows, and lip piercing. It also went to how Jungkook became rich. Why was there a swimming pool when it was in a building? And why Jungkook was living in a building as Sunghoon was used to living in one with a vast lawn. Jungkook nicely answered them all. His place had a garden and a pool; it was just his place up the building. Condominiums were like that. Explaining about his 'arts' was a bit complicated. Jungkook plainly said tattoos and piercings were adult things and a way to express himself. Perhaps simple explanations were better than flowery words, as Sunghoon just shrugged and eventually forgot about it.

Jin wasn't sure he had to be thankful that Sunghoon wasn't so curious about him and Jungkook. Perhaps Namjoon's "Jungkook is like me to Uncle Hoseok" did help a lot. Or Sunghoon's familiarity with the kind of setup had something to do with it. He and Jungkook. Namjoon and Hoseok.

While waiting for the final court decision, Namjoon, through their lawyers, had offered settlements regarding Sunghoon. Though a bit adamant about Namjoon's real intention, Jin had to be reassured several times by his lawyer. Jin could have Sunghoon until the court decision; Namjoon just requested Sunghoon on special days like Namjoon's upcoming birthday the coming weekend.

After all, Jin couldn't exactly say the word; unfortunately, Sunghoon was someone who would connect him and Namjoon, whether he liked it or not. It was okay. Jungkook assured him it was okay. Instead of avoiding it, Jin thought to be civil about it. For their son.

Namjoon agreed to bring Sunghoon to a specialist for the trauma of witnessing a physical assault. Namjoon apologized to Sunghoon for what he had done, something Jin was thankful for. He was angry. He was so angry, but he needed to calm down. Progress. He thought. Again, for their son.

Time went by so fast. He had to go back to work soon. He did spend a lot of time with his son. He did things with his son he only dreamt about during those years when he couldn't go out. Or he wasn't allowed to go out. He just realized Namjoon was afraid of his own ghost. Accusing him of cheating when he was the one doing it. But it was all over. All he was concerned about was the future.

He brought his son to amusement parks and let him run in the rain. They watched movies in a cinema and ate popcorn-loads of it. Jungkook even scheduled some activities for them with other kids, like painting and slime-making.

Painting. Photography. Jungkook bought a Polaroid camera for Sunghoon. Jin was teary-eyed when Jungkook gave it to his son. He knew Jungkook loved both. And he appreciated how Jungkook was treating his son.

Photography and painting. It was how Jungkook preserved his memory of him. Introducing it to Sunghoon while he was young was an enjoyable bonding moment for them. Sunghoon was overly happy about using his new camera. Jungkook reserved his Friday afternoon so he and Sunghoon could bond through photography. And his son would come home with a handful of Polaroids and endless stories.

It had been a while since Jin had slept beside Jungkook. Their shared bedroom was renovated as well making Jin a little curious as he found the bedroom already luxurious. He just considered it a chance as it gave him more time to sleep with his son while Jungkook slept in one of the five bedrooms in his home, sulking.