15. Admission

"Food delivery for Mr. Kim Seokjin."

Jin raised his head and a man was standing smiling at him, handing him a bag. He looked at the clock hanging on the wall and he just realized fifty minutes had already passed since Jimin left. He was so preoccupied with the reports he was preparing, he did not notice the time. He even forgot to take a bite of the cookies he opened. "For me? Would you know who sent this? Oh. Of course, it's Jimin. Anyway, thank you."

Jin sent a message to Jimin with a picture of the food, thanking him for sending the meal. After taking a few bites of the tofu teriyaki rice, his phone dinged and it was a reply from Jimin.

Food? I did not send any. I'm still here at the resto with Yoongi. I was about to ask you what you want for lunch.

Jin stared at the meal in front of him and wondered who was sending him those. He typed another message asking if he sent supplements and food supplies to his parents. Jimin replied after a couple of minutes.

I honestly think you have a secret admirer. I did not send anything to aunt and uncle. He must be the same person sending food to you every night.

Jin did not make a reply. He could not believe all those would come from a secret admirer. He really think it was coming from someone he knew because the sender knew his parent's address. He wanted to skip the thought that it could be Namjoon but it was most likely the case. As he was the only person who knew him personally well apart from Jimin. But his mind was also asking, why would he?

Ignoring the thoughts, Jin spent the rest of the day focusing on work. Work diverts his mind away from his problems. But as the end of the day approaches, he started to get nervous again. He needed to ask for permission to take a leave the next day. He knew he would hear another hurtful word from his boss.  If not only because of his mom arriving, he would not risk himself getting shamed.

After taking all the courage, he took a deep long breath. Jin knocked on Jungkook's office. After hearing a faint 'come in' from the other side, Jin pushed the door open and bowed at his boss.

He was used to Jungkook not looking at him so seeing his boss seem uninterested wasn't a new thing to him.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm sorry for the short notice. But my mom would be arriving tomorrow. I haven't seen her in a long time. I would like to ask for a leave. I know I was late--"

Jungkook raised his head and acknowledged Jin, "Okay."

Jin was quite taken aback by Jungkook's short answer. That was quick and easily decided. He was given permission but he felt as if he wouldn't be allowed to go back.

"Are you well?"

Jin was more surprised by the next question. He didn't know if he heard it correctly. Or if it was a real question of concern or just a mockery. "S-sir?"

"You looked sick. Are you okay?"

Jin stood there shocked by the sudden concern in his boss's tone in talking to him. He started to feel anxious about how he looked like. Jungkook seemed calmer and there was no hint of annoyance unlike how he was previously treated.

Jin cleared his throat and then smiled before speaking, "Maybe it's just my eyes. I was staring at the screen the whole day. Maybe I'm just tired. But I'm not sick, Mr. Jeon. Thank you for asking."

Jungkook nodded and lowered his head as if he had gone back to being uninterested.

Jin placed several documents on top of Jungkook's desk, "Since I won't be here tomorrow, I already finished the reports due tomorrow and the next day. I also emailed the draft of the project presentation for next week's board meeting. I emailed the summary of the companies asking for a meeting with you and their proposals. Also, I already confirmed your presence at the meetings next week. And Mr. Jeon, I forwarded an invitation from the Business Society of Korea. The event will happen the first week of December so that would be in three weeks."