24. Heartbreak

"Ouch!" Jin rubbed the back of his head as he stared at Jimin who was frowning at him, "What's that for?"

"Think about it," Jimin said with a raised eyebrow. "Is that how Namjoon brainwashed you?"

Jin pouted, not knowing what Jimin meant exactly.

"I know you're scared to admit it but if Yoongi offered his ten million dollar apartment to me so I have a roof under my head, for free, and bought luxury clothes for me, do you think I would think of that as kindness?"

"You're buying things for me too."

"I knew you will say that! Damn! You're so frustrating. I mean, Namjoon did make you stupid. And his next man should get a warning that Namjoon would make his partner stupid. And I will not apologize for saying that." Jimin shifted in his seat to face Jin, "Listen and I want you to listen very carefully and take this by heart.

I know I bought clothes and groceries for you. I did that because I love you. It was not that expensive, though. You know that. You're my best friend. We knew each other way long before you made that ugly mistake of falling in love with a douchebag.

But I am not earning enough to send dinners every single night from an expensive restaurant. My salary isn't enough to buy your parents a freezer overloaded with first-class meats. I will not buy you a luxury brand suit because I, myself, would be thinking hundred times if it's worth it. And I should be bitter because Jungkook would only give me an allowance to buy a suit for that conference and yet he bought an expensive one for you. Complete with a stylist. He even gets you a lawyer. And not just a lawyer, but a known one. Now tell me, is that normal for a "kindness"?"

"The way you say it, it's as if you're sure he's the one sending dinners and the one who sent the freezer for my parents."

Jimin barked a laugh, "And who do you think will do it? Your ex-husband? He cannot even buy you new clothes then you will expect him to send you dinners from a luxury restaurant?" Jimin snapped his fingers in front of Jin's face causing Jin to pout. "Wake up! I will bet Yoongi's ass because I am sure Jungkook is the one doing those for you. Connect the dots will you?"

"I'm not up for an ass."

Jimin glared at Jin.

"I'm a bottom."

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Anyway, Why don't we have dinner tonight?"

•••

"Hello."

Jin looked up and smiled at the man with a boxy smile. "Hi, how may I help you?"

"Are you Seokjin?"

"Yes. What can I do for you?"

Taehyung stretched his arms for a shake. "My name is Taehyung and I came here to visit Jungkook."

Jin took Taehyung's hand before checking his desk calendar. He's not aware of any scheduled appointments at that time. "I'm sorry, Taehyung but do you have an appointment with Mr. Jeon?"

"Mr. Jeon..." Taehyung scoffed and then cleared his throat. "I don't need one. I promise you. Once he heard that I am here in front of you, his ass will shake in excitement."

Jin stared at the man in front of him remembering another person with the same personality. "Are you somehow related to Choi Yeonjun?"

"I know him. But we're not friends. Can I see Jung... I mean, Can I see Mr. Jeon now?" Taehyung gave Jin a tight-lipped smile.

"I'll inform him first. Mr. Min is inside at the moment." Jin started to dial Jungkook's number and informed him that Taehyung wanted to see him. "You can get inside."