Chapter 10

"Okay so... I guess I have to explain about .... this?" Nightmare pointed at his beautiful cyan colored wings.

"Mhm," Ink nodded.

"Well... do you guys know about the apple incident?" Nightmare questioned them.

They all nodded their skulls.

"So I was able to save one golden apple. And I ate it. And for who knows how, I got these wings," Nightmare explained.

"But how did you hide them? I mean, I can't hide mine even if I wanted to!" Dream asked, touching his bright yellow wings.

"Unlike you, I ate only one. I'm able to summon them when I want to," Nightmare replied.

"Why did you hide them though?" Error asked.

"Yeah, do you not trust us?!" Cross asked.

"No, it's not that! It's just that I thought you would...." They could see streaks of tears running down Nightmare's cheekbone.

"Hey, hey! Don't cry!" Dream hugged his brother.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell us," said Blue. Then they all hugged Nightmare.

Nightmare smiled. He felt safe in the arms of his friends.

He could still remember the day he heard 'it'. He couldn't forget the moment he heard that conversation.

~~~~~

It is nighttime. Nightmare was laying in the bed, reading a book. Little did he know that someone is spying on him.

Blue looked through the vents of Nightmare's room. He was blushing. Nightmare was wearing the cutest pajamas he had ever seen.

It was purple with a black heart on the middle. There is also a bunny hoodie. Nightmare had it up. Blue couldn't stop blushing.

Dream lay in his bed wondering what gift he should get Nightmare.

"I need something that will make him live me more," he thought.

Let's see what Cross is doing.

Cross was watching some anime romance. He could see a couple swimming in the waterfall together.

"Me and Nighty should do that one day!" He smiled, continuing watching the video.

Error is on his bed knitting something. It was a puppet. It looked like Nightmare. Error couldn't stop blushing bright yellow as he knitted the puppet.

Ink is drawing. But instead of drawing dark and negative things, he's drawing a picture of a black rose. He somehow knew it was Nightmare's favorite. He saw Nightmare picking black roses in a forest while he was out on a walk.

~~~~~

The next day, the storm still hasn't stop. Error is in the kitchen making hot chocolate. Blue had Cross tied up so he wouldn't drink all the chocolate. Ink was enjoying the scene. Dream and Nightmare were reading a book.

"It feels like old times, doesn't it?" Dream asked.

"Yeah..." Nightmare muttered. He could remember when they were younger, he and his brother would always read under the tree.

He then felt something on his lap. Ink was lying there.

Nightmare smiled and patted his head. Ink smirked and blushed. The others look at him with jealousy.

Error came to the living room with the hot chocolate. He gave each one of them one cup.

"Hey... no marshmallows?" Nightmare whined.

"Don't worry! I got that covered!" Blue announced. Tiny portals appeared and marshmallows came falling down from it and into the cups.

"Thanks Blue!" Nightmare cheered.

They all blushed.