|| १ ||

Few centuries ago, Durgashtami

The house of Madhavrao Pant was filled with smiles and happiness with a small but noticeable cry. His wife gave birth to a healthy baby girl ! As she was born on auspicious day, they decided to name her after Aai Bhavani, as per the tradition in Chandanpur, Maharashtra.

She was given a variety of names on her Barse which was on 12th day after her birth. Her maternal aunt named her Annapoorna, her paternal aunt named her Gauri, her grandmother named her Aarya while her uncles named her Shivangi. But the two parents decided to name their girl with uncommon names. Her mother named her Rudrani - the dark skinned fierce warrior counterpart of Rudra and her father named here Yatee - a loving but equally fighter form of Bhavani

The house was extremely happy, but Malatibai, Madhavrao's mother wasn't that happy. The reason she stated was - " It would have been a boy, who would also be a great judge like you Madhav. She's a girl with dark complexion, it's not a good fortune. You may name her after goddess but she'll always prove to be Alakshmi, goddess of misfortune."

"अगं माई, माझी काळूबाई पण सावळीच आहे की. मग काय तू तिला पण अवलक्षणी म्हणार का ? कोणास ठावूक, यतीबई पुढे जाऊन माझ्या आई भवानी सारखी लोकांचा उद्धार करेन ?"
(But mai, my goddess Kalika is aslo with dark complexion. Then will you say that she also brings misfortune? Who knows, Yatee will cause happiness of people like Goddess Bhavani?)

After hearing this voice, Malatibai turned around.
"Sarsenapati, you can say so because you don't have child with dark complexion. You probably won't need to worry about their future."

"But mai, why would you worry about Yatee's marriage? She's yet small and we have about seven years to think on it. And if no one will marry her, mark my words, MY SON, CHANDRASHEKHAR WILL MARRY THAT BEAUTIFUL GIRL."

Everyone in the room was stunned with his words. After uttering them, Jayapalrao took his son Chandrashekhar and daughter Srikanta with him and left the house.

Jayapalrao Shirke Patil, a well known fierce warrior and hot tempered Army chief, was true bound to his words. But the one who spoke, wasn't army chief, he was a dear friend of Madhavrao and a trustworthy colleague too. They both shared the same dream, of building their own Kingdom and make people free from their king's unjust rule.

So was the dream of four-year old Chandrashekhar and his fellow friends who were the children of Jayapalrao and Madhavrao's colleagues. They all were sharing the same dream and same spirit to make their people happy.

_________________

Hello people !!
This is Ankita Prasanna ❤️
This is my first ever story
Pls, if you like it, do share, vote and comment which part you liked and if mistake(any)

Thank you and have a great day !!