||५||

Almost a year was completed to Yatee's and Chandrashekhar's marriage. They weren't knowing themselves more clearly yet. As per the tradition, the couple was about to go to the Shirke Patil clan's heritage temple, Kolhapur, suddenly Dhanaji, another colleague of Jayapalrao and Madhavrao came rushing to the house.

"Vahini Saheb (Vidya bai), are you home?"

"Yes. What happened Bhauji !? Why are you panting so heavily ? Is everything alright ?"

"No it is not. घात झाला वहिनी, घात झाला (We have been betrayed Vahini)."

"What ? Please explain me exactly what happened. Come inside. Take a seat and then we'll talk."

"Firstly call Madhu Vahini (Yatee's mother). Even she needs to hear what I wanted to say."

Madhubai was called. They lived just a lane away. Dhanaji started to explain...

"Our plan about banishing the ill rule of Pankaj Kumar and establishing a peaceful rule was exposed to him. Hanuman Rao, one of our party members was working for Pankaj Kumar. He exposed all of our strategies to him. Now His Highness has fired Jayapalrao and Madhavrao and has imprisoned them. He will banish us from this kingdom. Even he plans to kill our newly wed couple. We all have been fired. Anytime, soldiers would come and evict us from the houses. Now what shall we do, Vahini?" He completed and started sobbing.

"अरे माझ्या कर्मा!! (What an unfortunate fate)." Exclaimed both the ladies.

It was clear from the picture that both of them had collapsed.  Chandrashekhar and his pals had gone for their routine exercise. All the family members of the fired ministers sat in grief. They had no other source of living. Just then, everyone heard a strong, commanding sound...

"Why are you all seating in grief? Is this what the two men in the prison expect from us? We should stand stong in their absence. We all were, are and will always follow what they had dreamt of. Pack all your things and get ready to leave. Before the soldiers arrive, we will only leave for Kolhapur. There Pankaj Kumar can't harm us and in this way, we all will be alive till we see our brave men again."

They all were shocked to hear what she said. She was none other than nine year old Yatee, the brave hearted girl. Everyone, after hearing her decision, got a proof why only that girl was chosen to marry Chandrashekhar by Jayapal. She was born to be a Queen, an Empress of a Kingdom.

They all nodded and followed as she said. All of them, within an hour gathered their belongings and started to leave Chandanpur, current capital of their ruthless king, Pankaj Kumar. Along with them, a letter written by Vidyabai was sent to her father in law at Kolhapur. All of them almost left when only three families were left behind - Chandrashekhar and his mother, Dhanaji and his family and Yatee and her mother along with their respective loyal servants. Vidyabai asked now where and how Yatee and Madhubai were going.

"You both come along us" suggested Vidyabai.

"No we won't, Sasubai. We will go to my maternal Grandfather, at Giripur. If we are with you, there are high chances of getting caught as they won't even spare anyone related to my father and my father in law. Pankaj Kumar is a ruthless king - He will surely wish to kill all of us. If we are at two different places, he will surely be confused. Afterall, as a married man, my husband would be with me will be Pankaj Kumar's thought. In this way, you all will reach safely."

"But, there are chances that you may not reach safely. I agree that your Grandfather, Manibhadra Rao, ruler of independent village Giripur will keep you safely and Pankaj Kumar personally fears him. But what if you won't reach safely there?"

"Don't worry about us, Sasubai. Even if we die, it is okay. But the to be ruler of all these people should be alive. Another Yatee, another wife can be created. But another king isn't always created. Now you along with Dhanaji Kaka move in a jiffy. I can see the soldiers coming along."

After this conversation, they all departed to their respective routes. During their travel, Dhanaji spoke to Vidyabai -

"Jayapalrao's decision was, is and will always be right. His choice for our upcoming Queen was correct. Yatee may be on a little lower side of looks, but her ability to rule is seen even at such a small age."

"You are right, Bhauji. I just hope that they both, along with their people reach safely."

AT GIRIPUR :

Yatee and her mother reached safely at Giripur, her Grandfather's independant village. She always had special affection towards Manibhadra Rao, her grandpa. He recieved a letter from his daughter way before they reached. They were given a warm welcome.

"I am simply proud of your decision, Laadubai (Yatee was affectionately called Laadubai). She proves that she carries blood of my Son in law, Madhavrao. If he heard this, he will also be equally proud."

"You are right Baba. But now, how and when shall we return Yatee to her in-laws ?" questioned Madhubai.

"Don't worry about that. I have sent a letter to Vidyabai. I know her since the time you both were kids and we're best friends. She is capable there to take right decisions. And here, I will continue Yatee's education as Madhavrao has asked me to do."

"What? Did इकडची स्वारी (my husband) sent you a letter ?"

"Yes he did. As soon as he was sentenced to imprisonment, he sent me a secret message through a trusted messenger, your brother. He knew somewhere, that you both would come here. It's late night now. You have travelled a lot. Go to sleep. We will talk about this later on tomorrow."

"As you say so, Baba." Saying so, Madhubai went to sleep next to he r daughter.

AT KOLHAPUR :

After a long journey, all the members reached Kolhapur safely. There Vijay rao, Chandrashekhar's Grandfather was a successful subhedaar of Kolhapur. At that time, Kolhapur was a strong pillar of Pankaj Kumar's southern states. There all the members were given their respective homes and Vijay rao took his grandson, granddaughter and daughter in law to his wada. The next morning, Vijay rao started to allot everyone their work when he was called by a familiar voice-

"Suprabhat, Aaba (Grandfather)."

"Ohh, Chandrashekhar, my young man, Good morning!!"

"I got to know that you called me when I was at the river ?"

"Ohh, yess. I wanted you to accompany me at the Maslat khana (meeting place in the home). There I have some important announcement to make."

"As you wish so, Aaba."

Both the men went into the room. There were some important post holders of Kolhapur and the refugees went with Chandrashekhar waiting for them. There Chandrashekhar took a seat and his grandfather started to explain a strategy -

"Now everyone, listen with all attention. As you all know, my son, Jayapal and grandson, Chandrashekhar, are thinking of forming our independant state. Now, we will start with some actions and within a month from now, we will conquer our very first fort of our independant state. Do you all agree with this ?"

And then came a loud call of victory from the men - "Yes subhedaar. Har har Mahadev!!"

"And, from now on, I declare Chandrashekhar, as the king of our independant state." Saying so, Vijay Rao took a red, brocaded turban and made Chandrashekhar wear that. Everyone bowed to the Grandfather-Grandson duo and left for their respective duties. That announcement was the first base for the establishment of a strong new ruler - Chandrashekhar.

________________________

New update !!
Hope you all liked it.
Please do vote on the chapters... It is of great motivation.

Next update soon. Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕