||२६||

Chandrashekhar P.O.V.

I wanted to make her ready for the function. I hope, she liked my choice. I wanted her to feel special. And seeing others appreciate her beauty, I wanted to witness it, too. Afterall, I had an opportunity to witness her beauty.

Soon it was sunset. The chores were over. I awaited her presence in the room. Little she knew, I was preparing her look the entire afternoon. I had dressed up Kanta when we were young. Probably when I was five years old. So I wasn't a naive one in dressing a lady.

She came into the room after she had a quick bath. She had draped the saree I had given her. She looked amazing, even without her jewels. With minimal jewelry, she looked like the goddess of night, draped in blue clothes. I was frozen at her drop dead gorgeous look.

"Is the saree not looking good ?" Her melodious voice broke my trance.

"No... Umm... You look great in blue."

"Ohh... Thank you."

"Shall we begin dressing you up ?" I asked her as she sat in front of the mirror.

I had asked Dhara Bai, who was personal assistant to Yatee, to tell anyone who comes that I needed some rest. And she had done her job well. No one visited the chamber since afternoon.

I started with combing her hair. Rather designing a long, black cascade. I had planned to make a nice braid of her hairs. I made her hairs and let some strands loose bordering her face. It turned out really well and she liked it. I had also plucked some fresh flowers for her hair decor. I knew she liked white roses a lot. I inserted few roses in between her braid and picked three best flowers and placed them to adorn her hair right behind her ear.

She turned behind and gave me a sweet smile.

"This is the best I've seen my hair transform into. Thank you for using my favourite flowers." She replied.

I started to adorn her with the jewels.

I chose jewelry which won't be too heavy as it was a night function. Jewelry had to be light weight and beautiful.

I had chosen pretty basic jewelry, mainly focusing on blue and pink colours. It was suiting her attire. Proud of myself ! I never thought I had such a good taste in jewelry. I had picked a long necklace with suited earrings and a Ring. She looked even more Godly than before.

I asked her to put a waist chain as I felt little shy to accidentally touch her. She agreed and the last thing left was her anklets. The best jewelry of hers which I personally liked. She had maintained a huge collection of anklets - right from basic silver chains to heavy, highly decorated gold ones. I chose a moderate one - made of silver and having small bells. It sounded like a melody. I bent down to lock it around her feet when suddenly she pulled her feet behind.

"Umm... Swami... I'll put those on my own." She said as she pulled her feet behind.

"But why?"

"Because you are elder than me by four years. And elders aren't supposed to touch the feet of someone who is young to them."

"Let it be. We have an equal age in our relation. I dont belive in these things. And afterall, I'm having the blessed opportunity to make Her Highness, Queen Yatee Bai Saheb ready today. So I will only put these on your feet." I made her comfortable by holding her hand.

"You are as stubborn as you were few years back. No one can change your mind." She chuckled and put her feet ahead.

I sat on one knee and asked her to place her feet on my knee. She placed it and I adorned her feet with those beautiful anklets.