||२२||

Yatee P.O.V.

I was very happy when Dadasaheb agreed to let Hari sleep with us. He was such a cute baby. I loved to play with little babies. Hari also enjoyed being with us.

While I was singing a lullaby for Hari, he was smiling in his sleep. He looked so adorable in his sleep. I noticed even someone else was also enjoying lullaby and drifting off to deep sleep. It was Swami. He was holding Hari with one hand while other patted his head and his eyes slept with deep sleep. Both of them, Swami and Hari looked just the same when slept. Hari held his janeū when asleep. Soon, both of them were in sound sleep. Slowly my eyes gave up for observing them asleep and sleep overtook me.

~At midnight~

I heard some footsteps outside our room. I woke up to check who was there. I went outside the room to find Kanta tai there.

"You aren't asleep yet, Kanta tai?" I asked her while waking up my eyes.

"Um... Yes... I was about to go to sleep. I got to know from your Dadasaheb that Hari is here. So I was here to take him. He will wake up in next hour for milk. It will disturb your sleep. You go to bed. I will take him from the room."

She came inside to pick up Hari. He was in deep sleep and feeling his mother he held her saree when she held him up on her chest.

"Sorry to disturb you and good night!" Saying so, she left while patting Hari's head.

After she left, I went near the bed. I saw Swami sleeping peacefully on his side. His strong frame, who was a little strict in the daytime, lay still and silent in the night. He usually never smiled much in the court but his smile was visible under his moustache. His hair, a little messy right now, were shining in the moonlight. It was fairly summer so he slept in just his dhoti and a thin, cotton kurta. His cotton kurta gave a fair view of his strong frame which was trained over years to form his personality. I was so lost in observing his sleeping posture that I even forgot to lay on the bed. Suddenly he moved his arm and found Hari missing.

"Hari... Where is Hari?" He asked while sitting on the bed upright.

"Tai Saheb came and took him along with her."

"Ohh... Yes... He wakes up before sunrise for milk. You didn't sleep yet?" He asked me, now in fully awake condition.

"Uh... Umm... I was... Rather I am going to sleep. She went just now so was going to sleep." How can I tell him that she went about half an hour ago and I was observing him. Silly me !

"Okay. Good night." Saying so, he layed back of the bed.

"Good night." I wished him and faked to sleep.

Soon I woke up again to see whether he was asleep or not. He was awake. Sitting on the bed and looking towards me.

"You are awake?" I asked him.

"Yes."

"Is anything bothering you?" I asked him, a little worried now.

"No... Nothing much. Just wondering some random things." He said while looking away.

Chandrashekhar P.O.V.

Her sleeping figure was so much silent and pretty. It felt like I could spend hours watching her like that. She woke up suddenly and I was dumbfounded. How can I tell her, that she was the beauty who didn't let me sleep.

Her face reflected innocence of her soul. She was wearing a plain, simple saree and wore just her small nuptial chain. But she looked like an eternal beauty. Her simple nature was the reason for her beauty.

I was totally lost in observing her. I was so lost that I completely didn't knew she was awake again, now looking at me.

"Are you still not asleep?" She asked, now completely awake and sitting besides me.

"No."

"May I ask you why?"

"I wasn't able to."

"Is anything troubling you, Swami?"

"Yes."

"What is that and ?"

Her questions were not getting over. She was, for sure, to reach the roots for my loss of sleep.

"I was observing you."

"Sorry, what?" She asked, now moving in front of me.

I am going to open up in front of her. Afterall, I mustn't hide from her that I like her.

"I was having a glimpse of your beauty. I wanted to tell you from long but was confused how to tell. I like you from the day I saw you after you killed Pankaj Kumar. I am in love with your soul, your nature, your feelings towards everyone. I like you for being you and not being as people want you." I let out all of my feelings towards her.

She was just looking at me, blankly. She moved towards my side and held my hand.

"Thank you so much for making me feel so special. I cannot tell how happy I am, to know, that there is someone for me, in this world, who likes me so much. I am so happy today. Thank you so much Swami. And even I wanted to tell you one thing." Saying so, she held both of my hands and took a long, deep breath.

"And what's that?"

"Even I like you Swami. I always feel safe, special and awesome around you. It feels that even if entire world will vanish now, I wouldn't regret it. Because I have you, besides me. You make me feel that I am worth something. Thank you for everything." She rested her head over my shoulders after completing her words.

I felt so special around her. I must thank her for this. But instead, she is only thanking me. And I love her for this nature of hers. She is the most beautiful creation of the Almighty. Thank you Lord for making me worth her.

I patted her head lightly and soon, she drifted off to sleep. Seeing her so much satisfied gave me a different level of pleasure. I gently shifted her from sitting position and layed her on the bed. She slept like a little child, while closing her fists.

Her sleeping figure was the most beautiful scene. With that, ends another day, another night of my life. Probably ends the best day and a wonderful night...

_________________________

Another update!!

Do vote and comment which part you liked the most.
Also do share your views about the plot upto this chapter.

Next update soon...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕