||४||

Yatee P.O.V.

We reached Satara at about mid afternoon. It was a nice and fun ride with राजे. It seems awkward to me right now but I'll be used to it in some time I guess.
After we reached at our home, Kanta tai brought a kalash filled with rice grains. I knew this ceremony of spilling the rice. So I did it. It was called as Grihapravesh. Then I was asked to take a उखाणा where I am supposed to form a poem. Is this necessary ? All of my poems were over till now. What shall I do now? Remember Yatee, what had aai told about this poem...
Ohh yess... I formed one!! I'm so proud of myself.

"बरे.." I said...
"विवाह झाला माझा महाशिवरात्रीला सकाळच्या वेळी,
चंद्रशेखर रावांच नाव घेते गृहप्रवेशाच्या वेळी."

Everyone clapped for me and Kanta tai gave me a little ladu as a token of appreciation.

WOW... I never knew forming a poem could gain me a ladu.... I'll practise this now more and more !

"Now it's your turn, dada" Kanta tai literally jumped with excitement while saying it.

"Me? Ok... I'll try.
ऐकू येते माझ्या घोड्याची टाप सात कोसावरून,
यतीबाईंच नाव घेत करतो सर्वांना प्रणाम मनापासून"

I must admit ... Poem of my husband was best than mine. But no one gave Raje a ladu. I must appreciate him, otherwise, he'll be demotivated.

"It was way more better than mine." I said.

"Thankyou!" He replied with the biggest possible smile.

He was a jolly boy... Just like Sripad Bhauji. But I didn't knew why he acted like a 30 year old man when speaking with others... Maybe because he was their king... Or maybe he don't want to mix up with them....

My chain of thoughts was broken up by Kanta tai.

"Vahini, come with me, I'll show you your room and the rest of the house."

I agreed and we then went in.

"This is the kitchen, then there on left is the big hall where everyone meet and discuss on the political issues. It is just like a lesser Darbar. Then in the front from where we entered is the hall and the Aangan. There we even have a Tulsi Vrindavan. Same type of Aangan is at the back of the wada. There we have plenty of flowering plants and medicinal plants with some spices. Then on rhe right side is the mandir of Bhavani mata. Everyone has to join the Puja there every morning. Then on the floor above we have yours and Dadasaheb's room and Aai - Baba's room. Also besides your room is my room where I visit very occasionally. On the left of that floor is the discussion room where some ministers, Baba and Dadasaheb come together and discuss on something which is highly confidential.
Then we also have a...."

"Are Srikanta, let her breathe in the house. We have enough time to explain her the entire structure of our wada. She's so small, how will she remember so many things ?"

We turned around and found Sasubai who was addressing Kanta tai. I just thanked her for saving me from this huge trip if remembering things.

"But Aai, I was just explaining her our house" Kanta tai exclaimed.

"Enough for now... Go to your room and take rest. We have Jagran Gondhal function in the evening which goes on upto late night. So take sleep. You must be tired na, Yateebai ?" Sasubai was such a caring woman.

I simply nodded and went to so-called my room. I just threw away my shawl and jewellery onto a table and drifted to a deep sleep...

CHANDRASHEKHAR  P.O.V.

I met all my relatives down gathered for the Gondhal at night. Then I went to my room and saw a little ladylike figurine sleeping peacefully. She was sleeping as if her past few nights were sleepless.

But now, where should I rest? She was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't wanted to wake her up. Shall I sleep besides her ? Or shall I sleep on the floor ? Or shall I sleep on the couch ? In the middle of the thoughts I accidentally knocked down a pot and woke her up.

"Who's there ? Raje, is it you ? What happened ? Did you hurt yourself ?" She started a parade of questions and walked upto me.

"No, I am not hurt. I just accidentally knocked down the pot. Sorry for waking you up."

"It's alright. Let me pick up the broken glass." She said and then bent down to pick up the pieces of broken pot.

She is such a kind hearted girl. I also helped her to pick up the pieces. But suddenly she got pricked with the glass piece...

"Ouch !!"

"What happened ? Are you alright ?"

"Yeah. I'm good. Just a small injury. Nothing much."

"Let me see. Glass prick can be septic."

Her hand was bleeding a little. I quickly got some first aid present in my room and the blood stopped flowing.

"Thank you, Raje!" She smiled and suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Who's there?" I asked.

It was Srikanta tai. She was here to call Yatee. Yatee got up and left with her for some work. I cleared up the area and then went to take a quick nap....

YATEE P.O.V.

I went with Tai Saheb into the kitchen. There were many women working along with Sasubai.

"Yatee, my child, come here. Do you know how to make Masale Bhat (a type of pulao)?" Sasubai called me.

"I don't know how to make but, I know what all is required for it."

"That's so nice. Come, I'll teach you how to make Masale Bhat. "

Sasubai was an amazing teacher too. She just flawlessly taught me how to make Bhat. That was the first thing I had ever cooked. Then she said...

"You know, Yatee, in our house who likes the Masale Bhat the most ?"

"No Sasubai. Who likes it?"

"Your husband likes it the most."

"Ohh... I didn't knew that."

"Now, we will do one thing, we won't tell him who cooked it. Let him guess, okay?"

"Yes !!" Myself and Kanta tai jumped with joy.

After the dinner...

We had a nice dinner. As Kanta tai says, no one guessed that I cooked the Bhat except Raje. It was my bestest complement. That night was fun. We all enjoyed the Gondhal function and then at about dawn the function got over and we went to sleep. I had never ever enjoyed so much in my life. I guess, my Aai was right... A girl has to marry once for her well-being. If hadn't I married, I would never knew what all fun functions are held. I am very happy...

"You didn't slept yet?" Sasubai came into the room.

"No, I was just sleeping only. Good night..."

_____________________________

Another update !!
In the upcoming chapters, you will observe tragedy of destiny in Yatee's and Chandrashekhar's life... Stay tuned for more...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕

Special thanks to magicallovely  for promoting my work... Thanks again as I was inspired by your work... Do check her page for amazing historical fiction ❤️