||७||

AT GIRIPUR :

Yatee was growing up as a beautiful lady. Due to her everyday training, she had a strong body type, unlike others who had a slender, typical ladylike figurine. She had beautiful hazel eyes which she oft lined up with Kohl. Her complexion was a little dusky and dark, but that never stopped get from being a successful head of Giripur along with her Grandfather.

Everyday, after her morning routine, Yatee would only dream about how would Chandrashekhar look like. She oft muttered to herself -

"You dream about him so much, will he even recognise you after you visit him ? Or even will you be able to recognise him ? Maybe, maybe not."

She was madly in love with her own husband. She spent sleepless nights in the thoughts of Chandrashekhar. She was so eager to meet him that at age of 14, she started her menses. After knowing this, her mother, Madhubai sent a letter to Kolhapur.

AT KOLHAPUR :

The letter from Madhubai reached to Kolhapur next day.

"To,
Respected Vidyabai,

I am glad to inform you that your Sunbai, Yatee has grown up now. Recently she started her menses. We are glad to invite you for her Ritushuddhi programme. Hoping to see you soon,

Yours,
Madhubai Madhavrao Pant. "

Vidya bai was in the seventh heaven after hearing this. But suddenly, she remembered her yesternight's meeting...

~Yesternight in meeting room~

All of the ministers and family members had gathered in the meeting room. There Vijay Rao and Chandrashekhar made a small announcement -

"Recently, Pankaj Kumar has got some news about all of us. He got to know that we are the ones grabbing his forts one after the other. Today morning, we recieved a letter from him. In that, he clearly states that, if we try to capture any other fort of his, he may try to mess up with Pitashri or Kaka Sahed who are still in his prison. He even states that he knows who is our Queen. And for her safety, we won't meet her or contact her for about a year or two. Hope you all agree with us."

Everyone was shocked by their news...

~Present day, Vidyabai's chamber~

She was in utter grief about all the circumstances. She was equally eager to meet Yatee. But a year of sorrow and disappointment passed through her eyes. She was distracted from her thoughts as a strong hand wiped of that tear rolling on her cheek...

"What happened, Kaki Saheb ? Which thought is disturbing you ? And why are you crying ? Is there something which disturbs you ?"

"Nothing, Sripad. I'm just in utter grief that someone is eager to meet me here and I'm not able to meet that person due to some reasons."

"Just tell me that person's name. I'll take him and present here in front of you."

"No, you can't. Because that person is none other that your Vahini Saheb."

"What !? Yateebai, she wants to meet us ? Then why to wait ? I'll go right away to Giripur and bring her."

"तुम्ही कालची मसलत विसरलात का श्रीपाद ? (Did you forget yesterday's meeting?)"

"Ohh, how can I forget Chandrashekhar's decision. But what shall we do now ?"

"We have an idea !! She can't come here, but you can go there right ?"

"Yes Kaki Saheb, yes !! I will take your reply to Vahini. Afterall, it's been almost three years that I haven't met Vahini. And also, Mohinibai was eager to meet her childhood friend. We will go there."

"No, only you will go. You will tell that you are going on some field observations. No one, except me and you should know this. And destroy this letter, right now."

Saying so, Vidyabai handed letter from Giripur to Sripad and he burnt it the next moment in the nearby lamp. Then Vidyabai handed him a letter to Madhubai and separate letter to Yatee.

"Remember Sripad, you aren't just going to give my letter. You will also see that your Queen is in good health and has proper facilities. Also be quick to return. You and Chandrashekhar are planning to attack Pankaj Kumar, right ?"

"Yes Kaki Saheb. Don't worry. This Sripad will follow all your instructions. Now just allow me to leave."
Saying so, he left like a gust of wind.

After informing all and taking permission from Chandrashekhar and Vijay Rao, Sripad left for Giripur.

AT GIRIPUR :

Till evening Sripad reached Giripur. He was about to enter the house of Manibhadra Appa, he heard some whispers nearby -

"Did you got to know, it's been almost six months since Yatee grown up, but yet, no one from her in-laws has yet arrived to take her along."

"Are who will be wanting to take that short tempered girl. Neither she is beautiful, nor she has the qualities a women should posses. She is just interested in politics, warfare techniques and the village. I doubt that her husband must have ditched her and married some beautiful maiden."

"I know. Even my girl is of 15. But she is happy at her in-laws. Now she has returned for her first pregnancy. I am telling you, I won't even allow that Yatee to come near my daughter. She must surely bring bad fortune wherever she goes."

"But why you say so ?"

"Are you don't know ? Her paternal grandfather passed away the same week she was born. Her maternal grandmother passed away after she visited her at the age of three. Her Father and Father in law was sentenced to prison even before she completed one year of her marriage. Her husband and his mother had to leave their home due to her. She must bring evil fortune."

Their talk was broken when they heard a twig crack. It was Sripad who broke down with their talks. He was completely shocked to know what all his Queen was facing here. He was about to talk to those ladies when he saw a young lady walking towards those ladies.

"Are Yatee, did your in-laws sent any letter for you ?"

"Not yet, Kaki. I guess thay must be in some problem."

"No my child. The problem is you. Who would like to live with a ugly girl like you? I am telling you Yatee, jump in the well and give up your life. In this way your husband will be happy. Afterall, the sole reason of a woman is to make her man happy. Think upon it."

The two ladies went after that talk. Sripad, who was standing behind a tree saw Yatee wiping the corners of her eyes and walking towards the forest. He decided to follow her.

After reaching the forest he saw her sitting in front of the Mahadev's temple and sobbing. He decided to confront her -

"मुजरा स्विकारावा राणीसाहेब. (Accept my salutations, my Queen)"

"Bhauji, what are you doing here? When did you arrived ?"

Sripad noticed the change in her voice as she tried to mask her feelings.

"I reached here when those silly ladies were taunting you."

"Swear on my Mahadev, you will not tell even a single word from this incident at Kolhapur. Now come along with me. We will got to the Wada."

After giving the letters from Vidyabai, Sripad decided to depart from Giripur. He was in utter shock to know how much Yatee was facing in order to ensure their safety at Kolhapur.

"She is indeed the greatest woman I've ever met... "

___________________________

Another update !!
What do you think, what will happen next ?
Is Chandrashekhar's decision to keep Yatee away right one ?
Will Sripad ever speak about this incidence at Kolhapur ?

Answers to many such in next update...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕