||३७||

The news of death sentence passed to Yatee was kept as confidential information. Still they weren't sure that the news was from a sure source or not. It wasn't sure until...

_____________________

"Please let me go. Raje knows me. Let me go." A voice was heard from outside the court.

"Sripad, check what's the matter. And inform the soldiers, doors of Yatee's court are open for one and all." Chandrashekhar said as he motioned others to stop the political work.

"Yes." Sripad went outside the court to check the matter.

A man, whose clothes were torn, as if he fell from a height or had been in a war, stood at the entrance along with two soldiers.

"Why have you held him ?" Sripad asked the soldiers.

"We found him trespassing in the court. We had never seen him here. So thinking that he might be enemy, he took him under arrest." One of the soldiers replied.

"Bring him in. His Highness wants to see him." Sripad said and motioned others to follow him.

"What happened out there ?" Chandrashekhar asked Sripad as he came in.

"They found a man trespassing near the court." Sripad replied as he sat on his place.

The soldiers brought the 'unknown' man inside. He took a glance at the court. The soldiers bowed to Chandrashekhar. The man noticed his presence and bowed to the throne.

"Why were you... Wait, Badr ?" Chandrashekhar stood up and walked near him.

"Salutations Raje. I am here with a message from Sultana Nazneen Begum." The man said after he sat in front of him.

"You both have met each other before ?" Ramchandra asked out of curiosity.

"Yes. He is that talented artist who drew the portrait of our Maharani Yatee." Chandrashekhar said as he pointed out towards the huge portrait of Yatee which was hung up on the wall behind the throne.

"You are a talented artist, Badr. Where are you from ?" Ramchandra asked him after giving him a handsome reward for the portrait.

"I'm from Nadiabaad but I am a humble servant of Maharani Yatee Bai Saheb. I personally don't work for Sultan but Sultana Nazneen Begum sends me here with her messages." Badr replied after rejecting the money.

Chandrashekhar opened the letter given by Badr. He read it and his eyesight became blur due to tears. Ramchandra noticed this and took the letter from him. He read it aloud to everyone.

'श्रीमान राजे चंद्रशेखर ह्यांना आमचा मुजरा.
आम्हाला कळवण्यास आनंद आहे की आमची आता सुखरूप सुटका झाली. तिथे तुरुंगातून सुटका करून देण्यात नादियाबाद मधील युवराज व त्यांच्या मातोश्री बेगम नाजनीन यांनी आम्हाला खूप मदत केली. आम्ही येथून सुटलो आहोत परंतु आम्ही निघून गेल्याचे सुलतान आणि त्यांच्या मंत्र्यांना कळले. आमचा या राज्यात शोध सुरू आहे. तो शोध संपला की लगेचच आम्ही आपल्या राज्यात परत येऊ. या गोष्टीला अजून काही महिने लागतील असा आमचा अनुभव सांगतो.
आम्ही अगदी सुरक्षित आहोत. चिंता नसावी.
आमच्या राज्याची काळजी घ्या. आम्ही लवकरात लवकर तेथे येण्याचा प्रयत्न करीत आहोत. तो पर्यंत एका सुरक्षित ठिकाणी आसरा घेतला आहे.
आपल्याच,
यती बाई चंद्रशेखर राजे शिर्के पाटील.
(Salutations to Raje Chandrashekhar
I'm glad to inform you that I succeeded in escaping out of the prison. The Prince and his Mother, Sultana Nazneen Begum helped me to escape from the prison. I have escaped successfully but the Sultan and his ministers got to know about my escape. The search for myself is going on here. As soon as they stop searching for me, I'll be back in our Kingdom. But this will take more few months, I guess.
I'm fully safe here. Don't worry for me. Take care of my fellow countrymen. I am trying to come there as soon as possible. Till then, I've taken hostage at a safe place here.
Yours,
Yatee Bai Chandrashekhar Raje Shirke Patil.)'