||२७||

Yatee P.O.V.

Must say, Swami had worked magic on me. I never saw myself so beautiful. I never thought that light blue colour looks so good on me. He is the best husband anyone can get. No, no one can have a husband like him. Because he is mine... Completely mine.

We had loads of fun at the baby shower. We gave gifts, sweets, baby clothes and what not to Mohini and Sripad Bhauji. Mohini enjoyed till her heart was full. I had never seen her so much happy. Even she played few games like Singing and Dancing. After that she sat on the swing and we all played other games.

I never knew that there is so much fun in these programs. It was going to be the best night of my life.

We all played songs, had a potluck dinner and Kanta tai had made flavoured milk for everyone. It was accompanied with lots of gossips, songs and fun games. We all were enjoying the milk when Kanta tai came upto me.

"Vahini Saheb, must say, you look like a gem."

"Thank you Tai Saheb."

"Dhara bai has done an amazing hairstyle for you. Will you do it for me any other day, Dhara bai?" Lakshmi came ahead and called Dhara bai.

"But how can Dhara bai do it, she was here, with me, decorating the Garden." Kumud came into the picture.

Why these people are discussing so much ? Oh God !! Now everyone will know that Swami has dressed me up. What shall I do now ?

"Are this hairstyle is done by Bai Saheb herself. She has done her hairs all by herself." Dhara bai sat besides me.

"Yes. She's right." I sighed with relief.

"Well, well, well, enough of gossips ladies." It was Sasubai.

"It's pretty late. Now we all are going to head back to our homes as our dear mother to be also needs sleep. Isn't it, Yatee ?" She said and looked at me. I wasn't even listening to her. She knew that.

"Umm... Yes ... We all must rest now. Let's head back. Good night all." Saying so, I got up.

Soon everyone left. Men were still at Dadasaheb's home, discussing some political issues. Swami must also be there. Let him continue. I'll head back to palace. I definitely needed sleep.

It was about midnight. I reached our chamber and changed into my nightwear. I was still memorising how Swami dressed me up. I could see the affection in his eyes, he had for me. I remembered how even on his smile, my heart melts.

Soon I entered into the room. I sat on the bed and felt someone behind me. It was Swami. He was sleeping in the bed. I didn't notice him. He slept peacefully. I gently patted his head. Suddenly he held my hand.

"Matoshri, is that you ?" He asked, probably still in his sleep.

I decided to act as Sasubai.

"Yes. It is me dear." I was trying hard not to laugh.

"The program got over?"

"Not yet son."

"Can we have a talk Matoshri ?" He was still in deep sleep and was probably talking in sleep.

But what he wanted to talk ? Is he disturbed ? He must be. He wasn't sleeping well past two days. Also he was thinking something this afternoon. Is there any major issue in the court ? He wouldn't share with me so as not to give me tension. He wouldn't even share with Dadasaheb. He has this habit since childhood.

"Yes son. We will talk. But tell me, you liked the snacks today ?"

I must take out everything in his mind today. He will share it if I will proceed slowly with the talk.

"Yes. Yatee came upto us to give us snacks. But it wasn't snacks. It was proper food. We all liked it. We even got milk a little later."

"Hmmm...." If I spoke more, he would get to know it's not Matoshri.

"Matoshri, can we have a talk ?"

Why was he asking the same question again and again ?

"Yes. We are having a talk, right ?" I acted just like Sasubai.

"You saw how beautiful my love, my रातराणी (lady of night flower, used for a lady here) was looking ?" He asked as he smiled in his sleep.

He loves someone else ? Maybe. Because who will like a dark skinned girl like me ? Afterall, I wasn't here for nine years. He must love someone else. Maybe I'm the barrier between them. If he tells whom he loves, I will happily accept her as his wife. Or if they want, I will leave him for her. But then what about me ? I longed to meet him for so many years, kept patience till he was stable. But maybe, love isn't written in my destiny.

"What happened Matoshri, why are you silent ? You didn't liked her attire or what ? I had bought her that Saree." He said as a line of tension appeared on his face.

"No. But son, I'm not able to recall who is that lady."

"How can you forget Aai ?" He said as he held my hand tightly.

"Are I'm aging now a days. Tell me once again na, who is your love ?"

I was becoming more and more tensed now. I didn't wanted to share MY HUSBAND with anyone.

"My love, my dear friend, my companion, my supporter, my guide and everything. Remembered ?"

Oh God ! Why was he testing my patience ?

"No son."

"But you are the one who named her as my रातराणी, isn't it ?"

Oh no... How will I know who's that lady now ?

"But tell me once again na, who's is that lady ?"

Fear was building in my mind now. Even if I accepted his love, I won't be happy for myself. But I will stay happy for him. Because his happiness lies in his love. Yes Yatee. You must accept his love. Afterall his happiness is my happiness.

My thoughts shattered when he shifted towards me and placed his head in my lap. He held my hand and spoke who was his love...

"She's my love, my dear wife, Yatee..."

__________________________

Another update...

What do you think, what will be Yatee's reaction after knowing this ?

Will she be shocked or happy or both ?

Tell me in the comments what are your thoughts...

Also a gentle reminder to all the silent readers... Please do vote. It motivates me to write next part soon. And do share your views too.

Next update soon...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕