chap-3

1 week later

Near 9:30 Nayan reached his home from his work, as he stepped in everyone looked at him like here comes the moment they were waiting for. Nayan got confused with the facial expressions their parents and her sister held. He sighed not looking at his father asked his mom " what happened..?" With a tired voice. He sat beside her sister on the sofa and closed his eyes.

"I wan... " His father wanted to say something but his mother cut his word in the middle " bittu.. go fresh yourself I will heat the food.. you may be hungry.." she said

Nayan got into his room to freshen up. Mrs. Verma glare at her husband " don't.. not now let him eat.. let him breathe.." she frustratedly warned him.
Khushi also nodded in agreement.

Mr. Verma sighed " after that, we have to tell him.. and he's not going to reject it make it clear." He said and left to his room.

Sometime later three of them Nayan, Khushi, and their mother had done their dinner. Mrs. Verma was washing the dishes as both brother and sister watched the tv show with a little bit of chit-chat. In between Nayan finally asked her sister with a low voice that cannot be heard by others " did papa eat...???"

"No... maybe he doesn't want to.." she replied like it's nothing yeah almost whenever Mr. Verma had issues he will not eat but after everyone sleeps, he always goes to the kitchen to eat something, almost he was caught by his son. Remembering that, Nayan laughed at himself. Khusi also joined him without knowing the reason.

He glared at her sister, Mrs. Verma approached them and sit next to his son " what were you both laughing.. huh..? "

Nayan give them a suspicious smile but didn't explain anything. After a few minutes, his father came silently glance at his son sitting in front of them; he cleared his throat.

Both Mrs. Verma and Khushi gasp knowing what going to happen now. But Nayan didn't look at him

" Bittu..." His father said, listening to his name after 1 year from his father, he just hummed in response lots of emotions running.

" Your marriage got fixed, I am seeing forward on you that you won't go against me..." Mr. Verma softly said, he also wanted to talk to his beloved son.

Nayan's mom held his hand tightly, Khushi caressed his brother's shoulder.

He felt like, why..? Just why..??

" Papa. I am just 19. I want to complete my graduation.. just 1 year is left. I don't want to.." Nayan said between the sobs " Mom.. please say something to Papa.. just one year.." he starts crying, her mother take him in her embrace.

" You can continue your studies after marriage.. even considering your sexuality we all agreed to this marriage.." says again his Father in a soft tone; he got up left to his room.

Nayan cried on his mother's shoulder, his heart clenched " no baby don't cry... It's good for you.."

"I know him.. he is a good man... " His sister Khushi also comforted him. After a while, he went to his room silently. He closed the door of his room. Lied down on his bed unconsciously. Tears flowed down, his eyes got swollen from crying for 2 hours.

His eyes get heavy for sleep, just then close his eyes, his heart ached a known face of a man, his crush, his first kiss all flashed; he snapped his eye open " how I am going to forget you, I can't.. it's feel like I will die for you.." he mumbled, curled himself.