Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Aurora's POV

We landed safely at 1 in the morning, then we had to take a 5-hour car drive towards my old pack. We got there early in the morning. The birds were chirping and the small rays of lights peeked through the trees, making the little drops of dew on the grass light sparkle. It was a lot warmer here than it was in England.

We walk right into my old pack grounds and notice a few people walking around. Most of them were older pack members that I remember from growing up. As Caine and I walked by, some of them looked away in fear, or some stared at us. These were the last pack members that refused to come to live at Caine's pack after the raid.

As we are making our way to what used to be my home, we are stopped by a young blond she-Wolf. Her eyes were dark, and they held a hint of sadness in them. She looked like she was around her young teens, maybe fourteen years old. She looks at me before she comes running towards us.

"Are you Aurora?" She asked curiously, I could tell that she was shy since she had a hard time keeping eye contact.

"Yes, that's me"

The girl's eyes lit up as she lunged herself at me, and embracing me in a hug. "Thank you!" we were told by Miss Cara that you and a few others helped on getting us back here. I figured it was you by the way that she described you, and him." She said as she pointed to Caine.

"Oh, I don't want to know what my sister used to describe me." Caine nervously laughed at this.

"No, she just said to look out for a girl with pink high-lights and a tall guy with doodles on his neck.'

Yeap, that was Cara alright. I held my laughter but I had to admit that was funny.

"Is everyone from the pack here?" I asked her and she looked around the area as if she was counting people. She shook her head.

"Some of them packed their belongings and moved to the city to live amongst the humans, and some of us stayed. We couldn't afford to move even if we wanted to, all because of the things that your father did." The girl said softly. She didn't sound angry, or upset. Her voice was just sad.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Gabriella"

"Gabriella, do you mind taking me to your family?"

Gabriella nodded and motioned us to follow her.

Caine gave me a confused look and I shook my head for him to follow. "I have to do this, it will help us gather any information that we need."

We followed Gabriella into a small cottage house. The light green paint was chipping off the bottom side of the house, and the green mold was taking over the side of the wall along with some vines that went all the way up to the roof of the cottage.

Our pack territory looked like it had gone through a war.

She opened the door and let us into the warm home. The house looked well kept on the inside. There were a few family photos on the wall and a few diplomas next to the pictures. "My father is out back fixing one of the chairs. But let me get my mom" Gabriella said as she disappears into one of the rooms.

After a few seconds, she comes out with her mom. "Ma, this is Aurora, Alpha Victor's daughter-"

"Why is she in this house!?" Her mom yells with tears in her eyes.

"Ma'am please I would-"

"Get out!"

"Mom! stop!" Gabriella yells and her mom takes a step back and looks at her with wide eyes. "Please listen, she knows miss Cara, the lady that helped us get back here after the raid. He is Miss Cara's brother."