Chapter 3

(Photo above is Alpha Caine)
Chapter 3

Alpha Caine's POV

The silver chains were burning through my skin. Making every movement painful.

I had just woken up a few minutes ago from the sedative wearing off.

"You up little pup?" Alpha Thaddeus asks.

"Of course I had to be locked up together next to you mutt, just my luck" I mocked when I saw Thaddeus in the same position I was, next to me.

We were both tied up together with silver chains. We were in some type of dungeon. The smell of mold and stagnant water was revolting. I could hear every drop of water, and I was picking up every foul scent in this room. It was disgusting and It reminded me of home, when my father would throw me into the basement because I would lose the fights or if I didn't want to cooperate with his experiments. 

"They got her too" Thaddeus breaks the silence and I growled. That girl, I didn't even know her name and the need that I had to protect her was much bigger than myself. She was my mate. There were no questions about that. I felt it too. Out of all the women I have ever been with. I had never felt what I felt. I didn't believe in any of this mate bullshit. I truly didn't believe it until now.

"What do you mean, they got her?" I growled out. I tried to break the chains but it didn't work, the silver used on these chains was too pure and it was making me weak. 

I could tell that Thaddeus tried hard to break the chains due to the amount of blood that was coming down his arms and onto his chest.

"This must be some type of joke, or some witchcraft from one of these elders" I say and Thaddeus laughed.

"You still believe that she is your mate, do you? Thaddeus asks and I look straight at him, our eyes meeting in rage. If I wasn't tied up next to him, I would be trying to kill him right at this moment. 

"She IS my mate!" I growl at him as I tried to move towards him to attempt to hit him but the chains stopped me. I flinched as the pain was starting to become unbearable.

The door to the dungeon flew open and two guards came in. The one held the door open and the other stood there watching Thaddeus and I.

The small lady from early walks in smiling.  I stood quiet watching her every move. 

"I see that you two are still going at it" she said with a stern voice.

She nodded to the guards and they both left, closing the door.

"You are pretty ballsy to be left here alone with two angry Alphas" I growled at her. "Be careful that you won't slip and fall and I don't know, snap your neck" I say sarcastically, but I was being deadly serious. 

She smirked as she took out a silver cane and hit me in the stomach with it. "Until you can talk to each other without wanting to rip each other apart, you will not leave here" she spoke and I rolled my eyes.

"You should let me go, and leave the big bad British Alpha over here to rot, and I will go on away with my little mate so I can finally fuck her senseless!" I growled loudly in her direction.

"Well I am sorry to inform you, but until you two can work this out, you will not lea-"

"Why the fuck not, I want to see her! If anyone hurts her I swear that I will crush every last bit of bones in their body, starting with yourself!" I growled at her, I was starting to lose my patience and I felt my eyes go dark. My wolf was starting to surface and I was feeling my body getting ready to transform at any second.

"Because you can kill her!" She growled back, her eyes just as dark as mines. "I am trying to protect her. She is going into heat soon and you two will destroy her!"

I fell silent.

I heard Alpha Thaddeus take a sharp deep breath and I knew what he was thinking.

"Fine" I said in defeat and the woman gave me a warm smile. "I want to see her.." I said and the woman went silent for a few seconds. She must have been mind-linking someone.

"Unfortunately she is resting right now...you two gave her a big scare out there. Now if you two excuse me, I will be getting some rest too... but I warn you guys. You have to come to terms. And realize...that she is mated...to both of you...for her sake, and yours. You have to join forces...we don't know why the Moon Goddess has paired you three together...but there must be a reason"

"Fuck the Moon Goddess" I mumbled under my breath earning a glare from the old woman.

She shook her head at me before the door opened and she left saying nothing else to us.

"I will kill you" Alpha Thaddeus mumbled in a low growl and making me chuckle.

"I won't back down from this, she is mine! And if I have to play along with this little plan so be it"

"So we gonna fake this whole friendship thing between us, oh we will be the bests of friends!" Thaddeus mocked and I glared at him.

I took a deep breath trying to calm my wolf. If we both wanted to get out of these chains, we had to work together...god knows how long they would leave us down here. My wolf and I wanted us. We wanted to see our mate, smell her, mate her until the end of time. I was feeling myself getting hard from just thinking about our little mate.

"We need to work together" I finally said.

"As much as I hate you, and hate the thought of having to share my mate with you, I accept to work with you...in what ever plan you have...I want to get out as much as you do, to see her" Thaddeus spoke in a professional tone and I rolled me eyes. Goddess I hated his accent.

I knew his family, they meddled in the human world more, creating companies and expanding their pack further than any other pack had ever done. But still, they aren't as big or stronger than mines.

They were rich and thought that they were superior to humans and even our own kind. I hated that. We were all the same in this Earth. Humans and werewolves alike.

I hated Thaddeus, but if fighting wasn't going to get us out of here, then we had to work together.

I was contemplating a plan when it hit me. That sweet smell awoke my wolf. I knew Thaddeus smelled her too since I felt him tense up.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath as I tried hard to get the chains off. 

"She is going in heat" Alpha Thaddeus said. " and we haven't marked her"

I felt sweat drops starting to form on my forehead. This was bad. Really bad. We are locked up here, our mate is going into heat and we haven't marked her...meaning that any unmated male can go and mark her and claim her as his own, and she was not safe. 

Then the smell of her arousal hit us stronger and I had snapped. My wolf surfaced and I let him. My bones started to snap and Thaddeus's wolf started to do the same.

In a matter of seconds we broke the chains and broke the door and ran to the direction of our mate.