Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Aurora's POV

The rain was falling hard against the glass windows, and the thunder in the back was getting louder. The storm seemed to be passing right over us. 

I was making a hole on the floor from my constant pacing back and forth. The candle that was burning softly on the night table was almost out and I was growing desperate by the minute. Rogue attacks could happen at any pack, at any time but this didn't sounded like any ordinary attack. 

Caine made sure that his pack was safe as he ordered two of his guards to watch over me, right outside his bedroom doors. 

"I have to go out there" I say out loud as I go to put on my running shoes.

As I open the door, the guards turn to me and they move closer to each other in an attempt to block me from leaving. 

"Luna, please, go back into your room, we got orders from the Alpha Caine to protect you" he smaller male spoke softly. By the tone of his voice and the hint of nervousness behind it, I figured that he was either brand new to this job or he was scared shitless of Caine. 

"What is your name?" I ask the small male and they both look at each other. I can tell they are nervous and probably scared. 

The younger and smaller looking one turns to me and bows, his hair was jet black and he had it tied up on a pony tail. I could tell that he had really long hair and it looked nice on him. Not every guy can rock long hair. "My name is Erik, it's a pleasure meeting you, Luna" he introduces himself and bows in respect.

"My name is Malaky" the other guy, introduces himself dryly. "And we need you, to go back to your room" he says sternly before he tries to grab the door handles to close them, but I stopped him.

"I need to make sure the people are okay-"

"There are warriors in charge of that, Luna" he says as he tries to close the doors again.

"Ah guys come on. We should all be out there making sure Mother's and their pups are safe in their homes. They can use-"

"No, we got orders to stay here-

"Gentlemen, let her help. I am Alpha Thaddeus mate. Please. It looks bad out there"

I turn to find  Alpha Thaddeus, mate, Lena.  She looked like she had been crying and her makeup was messy.

"Are you..okay?" I ask her as I stand right next to the guards. They both take a step forward covering me a little from Lena.

"Yes, I just heard some screaming from the pups, it's horrible!" She cries and I rush to her side before she collapses on the floor.

"Can you fight?" I ask her and she looks up at me before nodding.

"Oh darling, I can do a lot more than that" she says with a smirk on her lips. As she takes out a dagger bigger than my face. 

"Okay so...you can fight! Let's go then, what are we waiting for?!" I was ready to go as I turn to the guards.

Lena and Malaky held wide grin on their faces. I watch as Malaky walks over to help her up.

I look over to Erik who is looking just as lost as I am. Werewolves had loyalty to their Luna only. They weren't allowed to touch other packs Lunas So why was he comfortable enough to reach out to her and help her?

Pushing the thought aside, I walk over and stand right in front of Lena and Malaky.

"So are we going to-"