Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Aurora's POV 

I kept my eyes open for the number '382' as we drove down the busy Downtown streets. Caine and I wasted no time looking for Jim Edwards's office building in the hopes that we can get the territory papers from Edwards. I was hopeful that he would give it to us without a fight or issue, and if worst came to worst, I was willing to snap his neck to obtain the papers. My people needed me, and I was going to do everything in my power to get them. 

Caine saw how tense I must have been as he squeezed my thighs. I give him a smirk and he shook his head. 

"What is it?" I ask. 

His lips turn upward with a smile, his eyes never leaving the road. "I love seeing you like this. The look of determination in your eyes is a turn-on. You are out here acting like an Alpha, making it happen for your pack. Nah, you are an Alpha already."

I couldn't help but smile when I heard him say that to me. He was not kidding and he was right. I was going to do anything and everything in my power to obtain those papers. After making a few turns, we finally found the office building. Wasting no time, I quickly made my way and open the doors. The front desk girl gets up from her seat and greets me." "Welcome to Jim Edwards-"

"Tell Edwards that I am here for the papers-"

The secretary looked confused, then she looked terrified when she saw Caine walk in. He stood behind me and was glaring down at her. 

"Excuse me-" she asked confused as she looked back and forth between Caine and I. 

"Girl now I know you heard me because I ain't repeating myself," I spoke calmly but still with authority. 

She looked at me up and down before nodding and leaving to find him. 

After a few seconds of her disappearing, I heard something hit the ground in the distance and I turn my head towards where the sound came from. I remembered Caines training on my Lycan hearing and I focused. I felt someone's heart beating quickly as well as the smell of fear. 

Caine does the same as we are both looking at each other while trying to figure out what is happening. 

"We should go after her" Caine suggests calmly. 

"Good idea," I say as we walk to Jim's office, we follow the scent of the secretary. It wasn't so difficult to follow since she smelled strongly of perfume. The door to his office was closed. I look at Caine and he nods his head quickly. I step back as he reaches to open the door. It sounded too quiet. 

He opens the door and we find the secretary on the floor. I checked to see if she had a pulse and lucky she did. Then we hear a noise behind the wall to our left. 

"He is running," Caine says as he looks around the room. "There has to be a door here somewhere since the place has no windows."

"How do you know all of this?" I ask as I look around too. He raises an eyebrow at me and I shrug my shoulders. "What? I am ignorant about this secret spying and secrets hideouts things."

"My father's office was like this.  When the office has no windows, it's because there is a hidden getaway passage that serves as a shelter or escape route. And he is a lawyer, I am sure that he uses it a lot. Here! I found it" Caine says as he pulls a book that served as a latch. 

We step back as the bookshelves open towards us, revealing a secret passage. The stairs lead up and we waste no time in going up. Caine was in front of me and I was close behind, keeping an eye behind us. The stairs went all the way up to what looked like a rooftop. Caine tries to open the door but it was locked. He looks at me and I take a few steps back. With one kick movement, he kicks the door down as it falls forward, making a loud thud. Dust picked up from the door falling, we wait a few seconds before walking out.