Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Aurora POV

I woke up feeling restless. My chest and my head were hurting and I feared that I was going in heat again.

My mouth was dry and wanted to drink some water. I was still feeling very weak, my muscles felt sore as if I had gotten into a huge fight. It's absolutely insane how going into heat can take a toll on someone's body like this. As I made my way down the stairs, my nose picked up on the scent of fresh blood and deer meat.

Oh, I love deer meat.

I followed the scent that mixed together with Alpha Thaddeus and Alpha Caine until I reached the kitchen, only to find them with beers in hand and the kitchen looking a mess. There was flour all over the counter and sugar mixed with blood on the floor. I could see the shiny pieces of glass sticking up on the ground, waiting to cut whoever would step on them. 

"Hey, guys...uhh..what's going on?"

They look nervous. The scene before me reminds me of the time little kids get in trouble and they are finding something smart to stay.

Caine seemed relaxed, it was Alpha Thaddeus who I felt different. I don't know why, but I had the feeling that he was hiding something from me. My intuition was almost never wrong. 

Not only did he avoided me yesterday and didn't seem to care much about my well-being, but I feel that he hides something.

"You need anything princess?" Caine asked and I nodded.

"I just want some water please," I say and watch as he goes over and gets me a glass. He hands it over to me and I drink it as I have never drunk water before.

I look around and see the deer meat on the floor and I feel myself growing angry. I walk over to pick it up and Thaddeus rushes over it me and takes the trays from my hands.

"You don't have to do that, this was my mess, I can clean it up"

Something wasn't adding up. These two in the same room, calm like this. No. There is something going on and I am going to get to the bottom of this? They were hiding something and I had all intentions to find out what it was. I have had enough of people treating me as if I was a child and that I wasn't able to handle things.

I felt my eyes warm-up and my wolf surface. One thing that she hated was being played with and lied to because there was no need for lies in this world. The truth was always better than lies because even if the truth hurt, it would be something that I knew that I could get over. But a lie? How do you even get to trust someone after a lie. 

So I let my wolf surface. 

"Okay so, now do you guys care to tell me what you two were fighting about?" I asked loudly and the boys turned to me.

I could see that I was on to something by the way they were looking at me.

Caught them.

"Now one of you better start talking" I threaten and I heard both of them gulp and tense up. 

Caines heartbeat remained relaxed and I smelled him get a bit turned on as well, while Alpha Thaddeus's heart skipped a beat and it speeds up quick.

Got cha.

Caine walked up to me and ruffled my hair a bit.

"Don't touch me" I said to him slowly and he put his hands away with a playful grin.  "What is going on? I want to know, NOW" I spoke loudly as I watch Alpha Thaddeus puts his head back and let out a sigh.

"As much as I hate to say this right now. I am going to leave you two alone with this-"

"No, You stay, because anything that involves me, involves you as well," I say sternly and Caine stands next to me to my right side. I see from the corner of my eye how he crossed his arms and looks at Thaddeus who just looks like a deer caught in headlights.

Whatever it was, it was taking a toll on him. I could see how tired he looked exhausted and even sickly. 

Caine just stood there, next to me, quietly. His presence there calmed me and my wolf down. And I don't know why I couldn't feel like that with Alpha Thaddeus. The connection that I felt with Caine, felt different with Alpha Thaddeus.

"Thaddeus, I would like to know whats-"

"Do not call me that" Alpha Thaddeus spat back at me softly and I felt my eyes grow wide. This was the first time he has reacted like this towards me and I got me off guard.

Maybe I came too strong on to him? Was I mean? I knew I shouldn't have acted like this. I was acting like my father, but in a second I got my thoughts together and realized that I was in my right to find out about what was going on, and I had done nothing wrong for him to talk to me that way. 

All my thought were interrupted as Caine runs past the isle and grabs Alpha Thaddeus by the neck, he lifts him up and slams him down on the kitchen table. I had to do something or else this was going to end badly. I was more worried about what could happen with the broke glass than what they could do with their claws. 

"Stop!!" I scream at them as I rush over and I try to pull Caine off. He let go after a few seconds of struggling. 

My heart breaks at the sight of him and I don't know why. Why is he hurting like this?

I wanted for him to open up to me but we were interrupted by a petite blonde.

"Alphas, Luna" She greeted us as she bowed down to us in respect.

"What is it, Beta Ally?" Caine asks annoyed and she turns to him.

"There is an elder, and Alpha here to see you say his name is Victor Regal, Alpha of the Red Canyon Pack". She informed us casually and I felt the blood drain from my face. What was he doing here? I had secretly hoped to never have to come back ever again.

"I haven't heard that name in a while," Caine says casually as he walks towards his beta. I watch as she looks down quickly the moment that he walks past her. "Where is he?" Caine asks.

"He is in your office Alpha. He um...he also said he wishes to speak to Alpha Thaddeus and Luna Aurora"

"Why?" Alpha Thaddeus asks quickly.

Beta Ally shrugs her shoulders as she moved to the side to let me and Alpha Thaddeus pass.

We made our way to his office and the walk there was a terror for me. I had low-key wished that I would never have to see his mean face again. But here I am. And I know that sounds horrible to say, but these past two days that I have been here in Caine's home, they have been so peaceful for me.

Caine opens the doors to his office and there he was. The Devil himself. 

"Oh! Alpha Caine, Alpha Thaddeus, is nice to see you guys again...and wow you guys grew since the last time I saw you!"

Caine and Alpha Thaddeus shake his hand and I watch as they exchange looks with each other.

Meanwhile, I just stand there, hoping that the ground would swallow me whole. 

But of course, life is cruel to me, and there he was looking at me as if I was his precious little flower. 

"Hey there Princess," he says in his fake fatherly voice.

"Uhhh...Hey Dad"

And I Oop...OHHHHHH chapter updates in ONE DAY!!!

Thank you guys for the votes and the love! I am so excited to be working on this story because I now know what direction I want to go on with items honestly the love and comments from you guys keeps me super motivated so! Thank you!!

What do you guys think?!

Will Aurora ask Caine about Ally? She already knows there is or was something going on there. A girls intuition is usually spot on. 😨

Who would you like to see play Ally? And Alpha Victor (Aurora's Dad)

Vote and comment! -