Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Caine POV

[this chapter is not edited]

Everyone moved away from us as we begin to circle each other. Claws and fangs were out and ready to spill blood. It wasn't long until shouts and cheers are heard all around us as more people join the party to watch us fight.

Elijah throws the first punch and I dodge it, then he throws a second one and I dodge it, I bring my leg up and kick him straight in the stomach pushing him back. He stumbles but regains his composure quickly. We circle each other again and this time, he throws a kick that almost makes contact with my jaw. Ducking down, I twist my body and swing my legs as hard as I can hitting him on his legs. He falls sideways and lands on the cold ground. I land on my feet and take a few steps back before getting on my boxing form. Arms up and ready. 

I waited for him to get up on his feet. If there was one thing that I hated, was fighting someone when they were on the ground. 

"Come on!" I growl and he gets up fast. 

Elijah was a good two feet bigger than me. The man was all muscle. It was like fighting a bear if there was a way to describe it. 

"You are going to pay!" Elijah growled before charging at me.

I moved out the way before Climbing on his back. I wrap my arm around his neck and I pull as hard as I can trying to cut enough oxygen to get him to slow down. Elijah tried to grab me but he was too muscular to read. He began to hit the sides of my ribs and I sucked in a breath before tightening my hold around his neck more. 

"Pay for what huh? for killing a threat that was going to hurt my pack?" I grunted. 

Elijah grunted back but he couldn't speak since my arm was around his chin and neck. I could see the vein popping out of his forehead and his face was turning redder by the second. 

I felt his heartbeat slowing down and that was when I let go of him and quickly get up on my feet. "We saved our packs and our people by killing the enemy, she was the enemy. I was not going to allow anyone to hurt my pack. You guys are all my family, and family protects one another! the moment that she let the enemy into our home, she became the enemy herself." I spoke loud and clear, some people cheered and others nodded their heads in agreement.

Elijah bowed his head in respect but he stood there in silence. 

"Now go home," I say calmly and Elijah bowed one more time before walking away from the party and disappearing into the woods. 

I walked back to my mate and everyone went back to their chats and whatever they were doing before their fights broke out. This type of thing was normal in our packs. Every once in a while we would get challenged into a fight and we had to show the challenger why we are Alphas. 

The next day after the party, I sent out two men to bring Elijah into my office. Only to have them come back without Elijah but with a letter. I open the letter and read it, before tossing it on my desk. 

It was a goodbye letter from Elijah. He said his goodbyes and wrote about him and Ally being mates but Ally had rejected him. I felt heartbroken by the news. I couldn't imagine what he had gone through, or how he even put on a strong face after being rejected. Because not once did I see him sad. He held on a strong face, no one could have imagined. 

Elijah leaving the pack would make him a rogue, but I trusted that him doing this was going to help him. I am sure he didn't want to stay in the place that reminded him of Ally. I would do the same if I was ever in his position. 

A few days pass and we get answers from Mark and Ramon. Everything with the territory papers was taken care of and the lands now belonged to Aurora. Mark showed us a map so that we could have an idea of how much land it was and what was in the lands. Auroras lands were touching with mines and I suggested us putting a post there as well as make roads for anyone that wanted to travel between packs. Since we were both Alphas that were mated to one another this decision was easier to make.