Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Caine's POV

I hated being in the city. Specially close to the human holidays. The noise of the cars, constant people talking, screaming, the smells of the sewers and the car exhausts, it was all too much for my wolf to handle.

The running around of the people, the tensions, the  streets, the noise. Us wolves could pickup on that a lot, and it drove us insane. We couldn't understand why they would put themselves through so much stress just for gifts and to welcome people that they didn't like in their homes.

As Thaddeus and I walked through the busy streets, we were approached by a street vendor. An older lady that seemed to be close to Laurels age. She was human, and she held the biggest grin on her face.

"You two should buy some of my gifts! So you can take back to your girlfriends!"

"No, thank you" I brushed her off politely as I could and continue to walk past her, only to get pulled back by my collar by Thaddeus.

"What the fuck Thaddeus!" I curse as I fix my coat.

The old lady seemed to be taken back by my use of words as she lets out a gasp, making me roll my eyes internally.

"Maybe Aurora would like one" he says as she picks up the small necklace with a dark blue orb.

"Maybe if she liked for her neck to turn green" I say to him as I glance at my watch.

The lady gave me another look and I had to hold my laughter back.

"That is real gold! -ugh you snobby rich kids make—" She tries to argue but is cut off short when Thaddeus hands her a hundred dollar bill. The lady looks at him stunned, before she gives him a smile as she takes the bill from his hands. "Thank you kids!" she says as she walks away pushing the cart with her.

Thaddeus puts the jewelry in his pocket as we continue to walk down the busy streets. People would move out of the way the moment that they saw us, then again, we were like walking towers.

It didn't take long for us to arrive to our destination. The building looked like an old and abandoned church, but it was far from it on the inside. It looked like a five star hotel. I mean, it was a hotel since it resided Alphas that were visiting other packs.

"I hate this place" I say as I open the door. "I can already smell the old walking corpses of the Committee".

Thaddeus laughs before patting my back.

The moment that we stepped in, all eyes are on us. It wasn't uncomfortable, but with my reputation and word spreading of what has happened yesterday in my pack, it was to be expected.

"My Lords" a tall and skinny man that sounded more annoying than Thaddeus welcomed us. His hair was bright red, with dark eyes. He smelled like a human which made me raise an eye brow in question. Since when did the Committee employed humans?

"My name is Chandler, I will be taking you to the meeting place, please my lords, Follow me" he says as he guided us to the large golden elevator.

We get in and the door closes on us, the stupid elevator music started to play and I let out a growl.

"My goodness Caine, you wouldn't be able to make it a day in England!"

"Like I am planning on going there—"

"You have to—"

"Why?"

"Because I have to do the Coronation for Aurora for my pack" Thaddeus says as he adjusts his tie.