Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Currently editing chapters)

Alpha Caine's POV

The moment that Aurora called Alpha Victor, Dad. Thaddeus and I immediately bowed to him.

It was a sign of respect for the father of our mate. It didn't matter if we were Alphas or not. We always respected our Elders and the parents of our mates. It has always been like that. We are prideful creatures. But we knew respect went a long way.

"I heard the news and I had to rush quick. I was also informed of what had happened, I'm glad you are all okay" he said as he hugged Aurora.

She looked tense and uncomfortable and I heard her heartbeat pick up a little. Why was she acting like this? Usually, daughters are an Alphas most precious gift from the Moon Goddess. Why did it feel like she didn't want him to be around her? Or that she didn't want to be around him. The tension radiating off of her was too great to ignore. 

I kept to myself as I observed everything that she was doing, the way she avoided eye contact, her body language. Was she being abused? I was making a mental note to confront her later. 

"So Alpha Caine, thank you for welcoming me into your pack, but I am afraid we have some serious matters to discuss". Alpha Victor spoke firmly and I knew he meant business.

"Excuse me then," Aurora said softly before bowing and leaving the office.

"I will leave as well" Alpha Thaddeus bowed.

"You can stay, this has to do with you as well," Alpha Victor says and I held back a growl.

This was my pack, my office, I had a say in who stays and go goes.

"Please sit" I say to both of them and they sat on the chairs facing my desk. I went around and sat down. All three facing each other.

"What would you like to discuss with us?" Alpha Thaddeus asks. 

"With the news now of my daughter being mated to Two Alphas, my pack is beginning to get threats. I guess there are rumors getting thrown around that apparently, our packs are joining together with yours Alpha Caine". Alpha Victor informed me as he handed me a folder with the recorded attacks towards his members. The numbers were alarming. But how did it get this bad? It seemed as if there was no authority because attacks like this would almost never happen if he as an Alpha was doing his job. 

I looked through the papers and let out a sigh. This was something that we had to take care of now before it got out of hand.

My pack had a reputation. We were known for being the "black sheep" of all of the werewolves' packs around the world. Everyone feared us. No one wanted to mess with us or get caught up in a fight. My warriors were trained to kill. No mercy. No survivors.

But the moment that Aurora walked into my life. I wanted to create a paradise for her. I didn't want her to see me as this monster. For once in my life, I cared about what someone thought of me.

"I didn't want to do this to her, but I guess we have no choice" I say breaking the silence in the room.

"That might be a good idea. They will come after her. You know this. You need to get the mating process done. That will show the other packs that what is happening is real. That the Moon Goddess paired you three to lead these packs to a better future". Alpha Victor preached.

I didn't like that it seemed like we had to rush the mating process. I wanted Aurora to be ready for this. Not forced into it.

"We will speak to Aurora about this and see if we can come to an agreement". I say to him as I look down on the papers.