Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

(The song I picked is one of my all time favorites and I picked it for this chapter because I thought it would be perfect for that one part in the story)

Thank you guys for the votes!! I am just so happy and again! I am not the best writer out here so I apologize for any mistakes!

Thank you all!

Also! Where are you loyal readers from!? Where is this story reaching out to?!
————————————————————
Chapter 12

Aurora's POV

Even though it was raining pretty hard and the weather had me wanting to go back to the house to cuddle back and sleep. Caine took me to the city to get some necessities and clothes, then we headed back to the house before the storm got worst.

I discovered that he can be a very funny guy behind his intimidating look. I liked it, because I loved to laugh. And he did a pretty good job at keeping me laughing even though I was worried about the rain and my mate back at the house. 

His pack was hidden well inside the mountains, and there was only one way in, and one way out. The roads were paved lightly because  I knew he wanted to be as discreet as possible. But during rainy days, the roads could become a problem. 

Although us werewolves could live alongside humans, most of us chose to stay together. Some packs would let other wolves interact with humans but procreation with them was forbidden. So I understood why he wanted to keep his pack hidden.

It was the weekend and this storm was supposed to be on us most of the time. The rain was hitting hard against the glass and the lights on the room had started to flicker every ten minutes or so. I was putting some of the things away when they flickered again making me jump.

Walking over to the bathroom, I looked around the cabinets for one of the candles that Delilah had put out for me. I lit one up in case the lights went out, so that I wasn't left in the dark.

I could see perfectly in the dark, every werewolf could, but I was scared of it. I hated it.

In fact, I was hating being here alone in this room. Caine would spend most of the time in his office dealing with paperwork and dealing with a few rogues that snuck past his territory a few weeks ago, so he had been more busy than usual. And Alpha Thaddeus...I don't even know what was going on with him. Truly, I didn't wanted to think about him, and his chosen mate, I also couldn't shake the feeling that he was going to pick her over me. But I didn't wanted to think about Alpha Thaddeus right now. Still. I wish Caine could spend more time with me.

Caine worked hard. Too hard. That sometimes it would make me wonder if he was trying to avoid me, or if his pack required this much attention. I mean, it was to be expected, he was running one of the biggest packs in Canada.

"Go to him".

My wolf would whisper to me, urging me to go and find him. He is probably busy, but then again. It's already eleven at night. Maybe he was finishing up? I should go check on him and see if he is done. 

His office wasn't far from his room, the room I was staying in. I quickly made my way down the stairs and stopped right in front of his doors. My hands felt sweaty and I could feel my heart racing fast. I knocked lightly before I heard him telling me to come in.

Caine's office was nice. It definitely wasn't comfy looking like his room upstairs, but it fit him. It smelled like Caine, but I could also feel the frustration and anger lingering in the air.