Chapter 41

Chapter 41 

CAINE POV

I knew that I had sensed something earlier but I thought that was my mind playing tricks on me as I was running on five hours of sleep. The pups had us up last night with their sudden burst of energy and we had to keep them inside the house as it was pouring outside. I told Aurora to just let them run outside for a bit to wear them off but she didn't want them to get sick with the rain. 

But now, I was here trying to figure out what our precious daughter saw. It could have been something out there, or it could have been something out of her imagination. Still, there was a weird scent that I picked up earlier but I pushed it to the side as it could have been a scent that got dragged here by the wind. 

As I walked cautiously to the bush, I saw that the grass on the area was down as if someone had stepped on it. 

It seems as if it was not a product of Thara's imagination and there might have been something in there watching us and watching our pups. The anger inside of me was bubbling up in my throat as I suppressed back the urge to let out a growl of warning. 

I followed down the trail only to end up by the path to our pack grounds. My mind was racing everywhere as I tried to figure out what or who might have been watching my family. Who was out there? was it a new enemy? Someone that wanted to hurt us? young pups from my pack innocently trying to spy on us?

"Alpha" I hear someone call from behind me. 

I turn to Travis, my new beta. 

He reassured me as he put his hands on my shoulder and squeezed. I thanked him before I started to make my back to my home. 

As I get closer to the front doors, I hear the chaos that was going on inside. Again it seemed like Thara and Bjorn wanted to skip bath time and they were running all over the house trying to get away from Aurora and Thaddeus. Taking a deep breath, I open the door and I let my energy do the talking. The two pups immediately stop running and they sit. 

"Thara...Bjorn....go and take your bath...now"

They both looked at each other before walking over to Aurora. She smiled softly before grabbing them both so that they could take a bath. Thaddeus sensed my change as he approached me after Aurora and the pups left to go upstairs. 

"There was something...or someone out there. Thaddeus...I swear, if anyone gets close to our family and tried to hurt them I will turn into the senseless killer that I was before." Thaddeus places his hand on my shoulder. "I would have you inject me with the virus if it means that I will make myself stronger to fight alongside you for our family, brother."  

I turn to him and nod in agreement and understanding. Thaddeus was serious about getting injected with the virus. Aurora and I tried to talk him out of it but he wants it, one way or the other. There seemed like there was no convincing him of backing out of it and I wasn't going to. Thaddeus was a strong Alpha, disciplined and with his heart in the right place, if there was someone that could handle the original virus that my father and injected into me, it was him. 

~

UNKNOWN POV

The dark figure watched the pups from the distance as they played joyfully around the garden. The figure lurked over the shadows careful to not get caught. The scent blocker that the witch gave the figure was working fine as it managed to get close enough to reach the home of the Alphas and not be seen. 

The bounty on each of the pup's heads was enough to disappear and start a new life somewhere new. 

Everything seemed to be going fine until the girl pup noticed the figure and he had to step back quickly in order to not get caught.