🅲1

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

Ever since Y/N's arrival to Mondstadt a few months ago she layed low.

During the months, she kept on the outskirts of the city, only really going in for necessities. Today was one of the days she would enter the city. Two guards were posted just outside the gates, usually always there. They would always greet her when she entered. Previously, she encountered two Fatui diplomats who recognized her almost instantly.

Stopping at Good Hunter she had a chat with the girl who works at the shop.

"Hello! Welcome to Good Hunter, what can I get for you?" She greeted Y/N with a smile. The overly nice attitude was refreshing every now and then.

Looking at the menu for a minute, she decided to get what she always would. "I would like two Mondstadt Hash Browns please." She returned the smile. Sara wrote down a few things on a slip of paper mumbling before looking back up.

"Gotcha! Now would that be to go, or for here?"

"To go."

"Coming right up!"

Being the only one who works there most the day, Sara was the server and the chef. She worked quickly frying, plating, and packaging the hash browns as requested. After about 5 minutes, Sara turned around and handed the brown bag to Y/N. "Here you are!"

Taking the bag Y/N pulled out her change pouch, "How much do I owe you?"

"250 mora." Sara replied looking down at the slip of paper. Y/N paid for the food and left Good Hunter.

It was a good start to the day, she traveled up the steps and walked past the two Fatui. Attempting to not strike up a conversation she picked up her pace. Clearly not fast enough when, "Ms. Y/N!" The girl shouted. Stopping in her tracks she turned around.

"Don't call my name like that."

The girl was shaken up by the cold tone she received but continued speaking, "Is there a reason you came to Mondstadt? I would've most certainly guessed after being replaced from the Harbingers, that you would've--" Cutting her off with a raise of her hand, Y/N interrupted,

"First of all, do not bring up the Harbingers here. These city walls have ears everywhere. Secondly, what I do doesn't concern you. That is all." Turning around she was stopped again, this time by the male.

"I don't mean to pry, but what do you plan on doing here?" He questioned. Taking a deep breath in, she turned around again,

"I don't mean to be such a bitch, but what do you plan on accomplishing standing around in this city?" She asked, mocking his question. The male opened his mouth to speak again, but she silenced her, "If you strike another meaningless conversation with me again, I'll be sure to show you just what I've been doing for 3 years."

The conversation ended. Leaving both Mikkhail and Lyudmila frightened. Most fatui knew their place, and understood quickly when and where to stop talking. It seems as if they do not. Y/N walked up the steps again, that led to the statue of their archon.

Reaching the top she looked up at the statue. She saw a crowd of people standing around it, and something-- no. Someone else. With closer inspection she could spot a certain bard playing a lyre for the crowd. It was quite a beautiful song to say the least. Y/N strolled up slowly behind the crowd to get a better listen. The bard had not looked up from his strings yet, so he didn't notice her. The melody was sweet, but also sounded just a bit sour.

After the song was finished, everyone gave him a round of applause, not including Y/N. The bard looked up and instantly locked eyes with her. A mixture of shock, and worry filled his eyes. While hers held confidence.

"Aha, thank you fellow citizens."  He did a bow and slowly started to take a step forward brushing past Y/N.

"Long time no see." She spoke without turning to make eye contact with him. The bard stopped in his tracks keeping himself composed. Y/N turned around, "Venti, was it?"

Venti turned on his heel with a smile, "That's me!" His tone was cheerful so that suspicion wouldn't rise in the citizens. "I do hope you enjoyed the performance." He hummed strumming the lyre.

"Oh, it was a splendid performance."

Venti lifted an eyebrow and let out a sigh when the large crowd walked away, "So. You already took my gnosis, what else could you need now?" His voice was low and quiet, much different from his cheerful tone.

"I'm not with them anymore, things changed." She responded.

Venti spun around, "Oh? How unfortunate. Kicked out?" He flashed a smile. Y/N's face fell.

"Oh Barbatos." She whispered. "Rank or no rank I still swiped your little toy didn't I?" She stepped forward and bent down to Venti's size.

Venti took the challenge, "You did. I applaud you. However, it wasn't really you was it? You were just say... a toy. As you would call it." Y/N held back a scoff and stood back up.

"For a powerless god you have a mouth on you." Turning around she headed for the steps that lead down. "Oh, and nice statue you got here." She spoke before completely leaving Venti's sight.

Venti let out a breath that felt like he'd been holding forever. He strolled around the statue strumming his lyre. 'Powerless god.' the words replayed in his head while he gazed up at the statue. Had time really flown by that quickly? The woman's words didn't frighten him as much as she had probably hoped for. He was more shocked than anything. Something in the back of his mind always knew she was different in some way compared to the other Harbingers.

Shortly after he did a few laps around the statue he stopped and saw someone. He could recognize that head of bright blonde hair anywhere. "Yoo-hoo! Traveller!" He called out to them, Paimon floating close to their side. Venti put his thoughts aside and ran over to meet up with the two of them.

Neither Venti or Y/N  were able to tell, but a certain Captain was also watching the whole thing go down. He was too far away to hear the conversation, but by the way Venti had strummed his lyre while strolling around the statue gave him enough details to figure out the mood. He'd never seen that woman around before, or perhaps he was just never really looking.

Meanwhile, Y/N has left the city and is already heading back to the Whispering Woods. There was a certain peace about that forest that was soothing. Despite the monsters. She took the Hashbrowns from the brown bag and started to eat them slowly. The flavor sinking into her taste buds. As she was about to take another bite, a noise came from behind her. A grumbling low growl. She didn't turn around, but instead continued walking through the forest. The noises following her.

She sighed and placed the bag of Hashbrowns gently on the ground. Snapping her body around she equipped her bow and arrow. She loaded up two arrows at a time and pulled back the strings letting them charge up with electricity. Once she heard them make a popping sound, she released the strings shooting down the hilichurl duo that had been following her.

Their bodies disintegrated, and she took her food and continued her stroll as if nothing even happened.