🅲28

Y/N and Scaramouche locked eyes

Y/N and Scaramouche locked eyes. There were too many emotions swirling between the two of them. Anger, relief, sadness, confusion, pity, nostalgia. Who was emitting which emotion? It was difficult to tell. It was also difficult to tell how this entire conversation would go down. It could be short and sweet, or an astronomical burden.

"You actually showed. I am surprised and a little disappointed. You really believed a random letter sent to you by the Fatui?"

And there he goes. Already criticizing things that didn't need critiquing. But that's just how he is.

"What? Are you saying you didn't write it? I should've known, the handwriting was far too neat to be yours."

Scaramouche crossed his arms. "Are you trying to tell me that my handwriting is bad? I'll have you know that it was VERY legible. You just can't read."

Not even ten minutes went by before they indulge themselves in another argument. Much like old times. Except this time they had to referee themselves instead of having the other person of their trio doing so.

"Alright alright I've heard enough about my handwriting." Scaramouche huffed and walked past her. The wind blew against him, making the ornaments dangling from his hat jingle with a hollow sound. It's been a while since he visited Mondstadt. Reaching the top of the cliff he stared out to sea.

"So. This is where you've decided to take refuge..." He spoke aloud, but it was more so a rhetorical question. Or a thought that just slipped out from his lips.

Y/N caught up to him and joined him in gazing out to the ocean. There was an island that appeared to be deserted. And an empty statue that was missing the mystical blue creature that sat on top of it. Probably wandering elsewhere among the wind.

"You're the second Harbinger that has paid me a visit recently. Although something tells me you know about that already." Y/N glanced at him, but he didn't even falter his stance. "Which also makes me believe you aren't here to catch up on the old days, but for business."

Scaramouche didn't answer immediately. Instead he took the time to think over his words before he spoke them. Something he didn't do often. "I would prefer to spend my time speaking of things I chose to, rather than talk business. Especially with you. Seeing as you aren't a big fan of the fatui it would be pointless." He sighed. "Not that you ever were a fan to begin with."

It took a bit to unpack what he said. Hiding his true intentions in layers of words was kind of his strong point. "I spent seventeen years with the Fatui. It gets hard to hate the people you spend all your time with. They may have done shitty things to me, but I was raised there. It sucks, but no matter what I do, I always have Fatui blood in my veins."

"That is the cold hard truth." Scaramouche commented. "Whether you like it or not. You can't run forever." He turned his head from the sea up to the sky. "The city of freedom... such a cheesy name. I am curious, how did you wind up with the Knights of Favonius?"