🅲21

The next morning Kaeya decides to head to headquarters

The next morning Kaeya decides to head to headquarters. After he pulled his stunt yesterday, he also would most likely have to apologize and explain to Noelle that he was joking. Only because Y/N threatened him if he didn't. Normally, he would've just ignored the threat but this time he didn't want to look like a jerk. Plus, Noelle had many talents and amazing traits. However, she was naive enough to actually believe it.

His walk was short and when he arrived the two young knights turned his way. "Are you feeling better sir?" One of them asked. "Ms. Noelle came back yesterday and she claimed you were sick and needed the day off."

Sick wasn't the exact word to describe it, but it would do for now. "I'm feeling much better, thank you." He responded. "Oh and by the way, is Amber already here? I have something to discuss with her."

The knight nodded, "She is. Amber was also worried about your health, and did get a bit concerned when you didn't show up. Are you sure you're alright? It's unusual for you to just fall sick so suddenly."

Kaeya dismissed the question by waving his hand. "I feel just fine. Nothing a day's rest can't handle." He walked past the two of them and went inside. Once the door shut behind him he sighed. One day he was gone and people started to panic.

He followed his normal route to get to Amber. Honestly, he still wasn't sure how to approach the whole thing with her. Her memories were gone and it's not like there was much of a way to get them back. Although it shouldn't really matter, since she was really the only one who knew about the kid, his disappearance won't cause another mess.

Especially with the Fatui. Getting involved with them in any way is usually if not always bad news.

Surprisingly, the door was already open so he let himself in. "Hellooo" He poked his head in and saw Amber writing something down. She lifted her head up and spun her chair around.

"Kaeya! You actually showed up today I see." She started. "You made a quick recovery. Noelle looked pretty flustered when she came to me yesterday. So I assumed you were in a pretty rough state."

Yeah Kaeya definitely needed to apologize. "Hope I didn't scare her too much." He said leaning up against the wall. "So besides that, what did you want to talk about?" Kaeya asked even though he already knew the answer.

Amber put her arms behind her head, "Well you started saying some pretty weird stuff the other day. And then you left in such a hurry that I didn't really get to ask you about it." She tapped her chin, "You mentioned something about a little boy, right?"

In the long run it would be easier to just let Amber's memories stay gone. It didn't make much sense for her to remember the boy, especially not after it was discovered he was a part of the fatui.

"I did. But I think you were right." He started, "Maybe I did have a dream, because even L/N told me she never took anyone in. Strange isn't it?"

Amber gave him a skeptical look. "Perhaps that's why you felt so sick yesterday. Did you eat anything funny? Maybe a wild berry... Kaeya don't tell me you just go off eating wild fruits?!"