🅲29

With Kaeya

With Kaeya

Kaeya started down the steps of the Knights of Favonius headquarters. Greeting the usual guards that stood their post. Surprisingly, he had arrived earlier than everyone else had expected him to. A lot of people were currently out when he got there a few hours ago. The only ones still in were Lisa, and Eula. Two of the quieter people so it made getting through his work a breeze.

But it was painstaking to do. Tedious too. But that's mainly Kaeya's fault for putting all his work off and procrastinating to do it. But when he signed that final paper, and he leaned back in his chair, it made everything worthwhile. Now Jean would be able to get off his back about it.

When he realized that Jean was taking care of other things around the city and currently wasn't even in the building he really wished he had just put it off even longer.

He was feeling exhausted afterwards, and he barely did anything. With a deep sigh he was debating whether or not he wanted to go back to his place and nap. Because sleeping in the headquarters reminds him of work.

As he was about to turn the corner there were running footsteps coming up to him. He didn't have time to brace himself before somebody came charging into his lower half and nearly knocking him to the ground.

"Captain Kaeyaaaaa!"

He quickly came to figure out who it was. Klee. She laughed and it felt like she was purposely trying to take him down to the ground.

"Klee, I thought you and Albedo were up in Dragonspine?" He tapped Klee's head trying to get her to release him. He could fight with perfect ease even with the corset he wears. But Klee's death grip was something he could barely move in.

Klee didn't get the hint and moved her head to look up at him. "We came back early! I wanted to stay a little while longer."

Then a much softer voice came, "Klee why don't you let Kaeya go. You might suffocate him."

Albedo showed himself in front of the two of them. Klee frowned and released Kaeya allowing him to breathe properly. Klee jumped and put her hands on her hips. "You may win this time Kaeya. But one day I'm going to give you a hug so tight you won't be able to move for weeks!"

In thought, it was probably an adorable idea. But Klee made it sound like a threat. Kaeya nervously chuckled. "I'll be ready for the day that happens."

Albedo put his hands on Klee's shoulders. "Hey Klee, why don't you and Dodoco go inside for now, I'll be there shortly, there's something I want to talk with Kaeya about."

Klee turned around and stared up at the alchemist. "Ooh, can I pick out a book? Lisa has been teaching me how to read a whole lot better, and I want to show you!"

Kaeya held back a smile as he watched the two converse. He was happy that the two got along so well as siblings. Even if they weren't directly related, you wouldn't be able to tell. In a way it was bittersweet for him to watch. As he wasn't on the best terms with his own.