🅲8

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧Their walk to Angel's Share was quiet

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧
Their walk to Angel's Share was quiet. It was a comfortable silence between the two of them. Y/N couldn't pick up any reason as to why he would invite her out for a drink. But a free drink couldn't hurt.

During her little trips into the city she'd never actually stopped by into the tavern. For reasons being she refused to drink with disgusting men who wouldn't be able to walk themselves home. Worst of all, drunk men who said whatever came to their mind to whoever passed them. She'd had her fair share of run ins with drunken men who've tried to smooth talk their way to her heart. However, if they had an ounce of common sense in their body, they would've known to stay away.

The building lights flickered gently, and already there were some passed out adventurers sitting outside at the tables. "Ladies first." Kaeya smiled, opening the door for her and holding it. She side eyed him, but only for a second before she stepped in.

The bartender had been a man, perhaps around the same age as Kaeya. He had red hair and eyes, and a face that didn't look happy to see her. But she quickly realized it wasn't her that the man was glaring at, but the man behind her. "Hello there good sir." Kaeya waved. The red haired man flickered his gaze over to Y/N, before looking back to him.

"You always seem to come out to the Tavern whenever you know that I'm working." He mumbled, cleaning a glass out. "What do you want?"

Kaeya narrowed down his eyes, "Oh is that how you treat your customers? I'm just taking an acquaintance out for a drink. Give me.." He hummed. "The strongest thing you've got."

The man didn't respond to his previous statement and skipped past it, turning to Y/N instead. "What can I get for you?" He asked, his tone much nicer than the one he used for Kaeya.

"I'm not a big fan of the taste of alcohol." Y/N started. "Although I hear that the dandelion wine is a popular one." The red haired man nodded and began mixing the drinks. With the look he gave Kaeya, she was almost certain his drink would be poisoned.

After a few moments, the bartender slid both the drinks over the counter. "Thank you. I will be paying before we leave for the night." Kaeya told him.

"If you ditch your tab I will find you personally and--" He didn't finish because Kaeya cut in.

"Aha... Yes I know you will. If you'll excuse us." He laughed awkwardly and motioned for Y/N to follow him up the stairs. She quickly said her thanks before trailing behind him slowly.

The upper part of the bar was empty, and a bit quieter than downstairs. Although the noise echoed throughout the entire tavern. She sat down across from Kaeya and looked at him. "So." She started. "I can tell you need something, or else I don't think you would've brought me all the way up here."

Kaeya took a sip of his drink and swirled the glass in his hand. "You are perceptive. It's nothing too big, but I think talking to you when you aren't completely sober would be not only entertaining, but easier."