🅲11

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

Somewhere in Mondstadt...

"This is a really bad idea." A worried voice said to his companion. The both of them had left their usual chatting spot and were creeping around the headquarters belonging to the knights.

"Shh..." The other hushed. "If we can get this information back to her, maybe we'll be able to go home." The other voice responded quietly. They came around from the back, not seeing their target anywhere. "I've had my suspicions for a little bit now. I need confirmation."

Leaning his head back in defeat he didn't try to argue with the woman.

"Lyudmila." He whispered again. "I think you should just accept the fact we won't be going back any time soon." His voice was sad. Heart breaking for his friend that just wanted to go back to their own nation.

"I will not." Her voice cracked. "I want to see my family again. It isn't fair." Lyudmila balled her hands into a fist. "Why did we get chosen to stay here? I didn't ask for this. None of us did."

Mikkhail tried to comfort her, but failed. Her knuckles were turning white with anger. "I understand. The best thing we can do is wait it out." His voice was now shaky.

"But I can't!" The anger in her voice now was showing. Trying her best to keep quiet in order to not be seen. "I can't just wait it out Mikkhail. It's been so long. I hate it here." She emphasized the word 'hate'. "If we get proof that the woman really is associated with the knights now, maybe we can go home."

"Please..." He gripped her hand, which was still tightened into a fist. "Don't cling onto a hope you don't know is real."

She pulled her hand back from his grip. "I'll cling onto whatever false hope I can if it'll get me the hell out of here." She went back to her position, staring at the door.

The male fatui knew too well she wouldn't give it up. He didn't want to either. Going home would be wonderful. The skies of Monstadt don't feel welcoming to him.

Constantly stared at like their monsters by the citizens. The way people would hold their children's hands a little tighter as they walked past them. The way the citizens would pick up their pace to a brisk speed to quickly pass them by. He saw it all.

Nobody would have guessed that the 'City of Freedom' was only freedom to those who belonged. Not outsiders. Suffocating and restricting air around every Fatui stationed here.

"Look." Lyudmila gazed out from behind the area they hid behind. He craned his neck to get a better view. Sure enough, the evidence they had been searching for, fell right at their feet. The sight was wonderful in their eyes. Home was just within their grasps.

"We have to report it. This is our ticket home." She breathed out. Turning to her companion with a strained smile. The words 'home' sound so foreign to their ears.