🅲23

In Snezhnaya

In Snezhnaya

It was quiet. Too quiet. But that wasn't hard to believe. Everyone was doing their jobs, and making their ways around Fatui headquarters. Doing whatever it was they had to do for the day. Whether that was running to a meeting, looking through paperwork, or just going out and about. It was different for everyone.

But unfortunately, it was just the calm before the storm. Once a certain someone arrived back, all hell would probably break loose. And the rest of the Fatui knew it was coming. Because they heard the sixth fuming about it just the other day.

So to make their own lives easier they were trying to get work out of the way before the eleventh arrived and it would be hell for whoever crossed the pair's path. It was just a countdown for whenever that would happen.

A cicn mage strode up to the main door and even she looked a little worried. She took a few breaths in and opened the door and looked on the other side. The familiar ginger haired male stood with his arms on his hips.

"Lord Childe, your arrival has been expected." The mage bowed her head down and stepped to the side. "Her majesty has also awaited the arrival of the messenger." she added.

Childe stepped inside the building and raised his arms above his head. "Has she now? Feels strange to be back so soon already." Putting his arms back by his sides he turned around and looked down. "So! Are you ready?"

The small blach haired boy fiddled with his fingers as he took in his surroundings. It wasn't his first time being here, but he knew it also wouldn't be his last. His time in Mondstadt was nothing but a mission. And now that his mother had actually been dead, he knew that the promise made to him was a lie.

Thoma didn't respond to which Childe understood why. He himself wasn't fond of the idea of having him do the dirty work. It felt wrong. Childe having a younger brother as well didn't make the feeling in his chest any better. Especially not after the Fatui lied to the boy.

"Well, guess I didn't expect you to answer me anyway. Listen," He led the young boy through the building towards the Tsaritsa's chambers. "I know you aren't a big fan of Fatui. Can't say I am either. But whatever anger you feel right now, best not to let it show in front of her majesty."

Thoma clutched his shirt and fought back tears. "T-they lied to me. My mom, she's... gone? That wasn't part of the deal." His voice was breaking, but he knew better than to cry.

Childe sighed, "You'll get used to it. Maybe taking your mom out of the picture wasn't a great choice of action, but unfortunately there's nothing you can do now."

"But they said I was protecting her! If I did my job correctly, mama would stay safe! If I obeyed the Fatui, I would be able to live with her again!"

Childe put a hand in the air, "Lower your voice." He would let the kid say whatever he needed to before they arrived. If it had been anyone else, likely Thoma would've been scolded. "I don't know much about your situation. But I also don't want to talk to that half-masked freak about it."