Chapter 10

Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.

"I'm pretty sure your dad really loves it." Megan squeals while rubbing her palms in excitement.

"Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that he took it from me."

The incident reoccurred in my head. Daddy had told me to let him have it but I have no doubts he likes it and today I'll be treating home with extra two.

"You think he likes it?"

She nodded her head and pulled me into her embrace. Uh, did I forget to tell she loves hugs?

Since yesterday, I made up my mind to let him have some sandwiches so his heart will begin to melt for me even if it's just a little bit, I want to be loved by my family members. There's a difference between harm and love.

"And I got two more." She winked at me.

"Aww, thanks a lot. I love you." I giggled, followed by Megan's. After our giggling session, I pulled Megan hurriedly to the playground that was filled with many kids, chatting and giggling. There were so many.

"Oh, oh let's go do the monkey bars!" We both dashed to the bar. I was the first to hop on it, Megan following after me.
I am really energetic this afternoon. I ate lots and lots of sandwiches and Megan also gave me some of her fish rolls.

Soon enough, we were both swinging together when a boy with chocolate eyes came over to us. I was confused and mad when he started talking to me, bossily.

"I was here first." He sassed. I didn't even spare him another look because I was not ready for any fights or arguments that could lead me and Megan into trouble. Moreover, the energy I'd reserved was for playing not for fighting and there's a big difference between play and fight.

"Whether you like it or not, we're not leaving. 'I was here first'." Megan mimics him with a bit of arrogance present in her voice.

I would say, it's unusual to see Megan in this state due to her cheery and easy-going self but not when you cross her limit. I wanted to give her the shut up glare so the boy will know we don't want to talk to him and when he's done with his scene, he can kindly take his leave. That's it. Unfortunately, I could not, why? Because Megan was shooting glares at the boy and eyeing him, the next thing, I felt the chain I was holding being pulled so I gasped and grasped onto it, tightly with my fist so I won't make a mistake of falling off.

"I'm gonna make you leave then."
He pulled the chain again, more aggressive this time and oh boy, was he really stronger than me that I don't even know how I lost hold of it and landed on the ground.

"Hey!" I heard Megan yell, struggling to get off the swing and rushed to me. I gently massaged my knee. Feeling sudden pain, my eyes started to moisten when I saw the thick, red liquid gushing from my knee.

"She's bleeding, oh my God. Elroy!" Megan screamed, dragging me from the ground but ended up failing.

"It hurts." I whined.

"I, I...I didn't mean to, Royalty. I didn't mean to injure you." Elroy pleads while rubbing the heel of his palm against his chest. It was really crazy seeing someone that was being harsh to you, a few seconds ago and now he's feeling guilty.
Before I could utter any word, my best friend stood beside me.

"Go away, tell the wound 'sorry', and it heals?" She scoffed with a hint of sarcasm.
Somehow, I try to stay strong. I managed to get to my feet since my injury affected my left knee.

"Megan, please take me to the nurse."

* *. *. *. *. *. *. *.
"Don't let water get to it, okay?" The lady in a nurse attire addresses me to which I nodded, a frown taking over my face again.

"How am I supposed to do that? So it means, I won't bathe or go near water?" I wonder what's so funny that she chuckled when I was halfway done with my speech.

"Dear, I didn't say you shouldn't bathe. Just avoid letting water get to it." Still confused, I nodded anyway. At least I got something right, I can have my bath without letting water touch my bandaged knee. But, how am I going to avoid water?

"It's okay if you don't understand, your parents will." She said, "Alright, you're free to get to your class."

I stood from the stool and did as I was told. I got to my classroom, got the attention of a few heads turning to me but I didn't mind. I would have done that if I wasn't the victim.

"Are you okay now? You've got bandaged." Megan sobs so I sent her a smile to reassure her it's okay.

"It isn't painful anymore, it was only when she applied something to it, then boom! The pain ran away because I'm a strong girl." I rambled and got into her embrace.

I still have something to do with this bandage...

I don't want my dad to take notice of it... but how?

I have an idea in my mind which isn't the best but I don't want him to see it. So I did what I had in mind.

I shut my eyes and moved my hand to where the bandage was, I speedily pulled it off with an 'agh'. It hurts when it pulls my hair but it's for the best.

"Royalty." Megan whispered, slapping my hand away from the half removed bandage.

"What?"

"You can bleed anytime if you scratch it on anything... Even if it isn't bleeding now, don't be silly." She said in a stern tone. The one a boss uses to address his employee.

"But-"

"No bu-"

"I don't want daddy to see it."

That seemed to shut her up. I smirked in victory and did our victory dance in my head.
I gawked at the wound, I could hardly see any blood because the nurse had applied some things to it, something that's like silver in colour.

Although Megan is right, just a scratch then results in another session of bleeding, maybe this time it will be severe and I pray not.

"Doesn't it hurt?"
I lifted my shoulders, I am used to it. I wanted to say but ended up telling her,

"Being a big girl." With a wink.