Chapter 41

Dedicated to Moneira8

The reason why daughters love their Dad the most is…that there is at least one man in the world who will never hurt her.

—Anonymous

Roman.

"If you see the way she was looking at Royalty and scaring her, she even spilled coffee on her, who knows if it was intentional!" I exclaimed as my blood started to rise when my mind replayed the scene.

What was she even thinking? The first day I saw her, she got fired.

"Are you for real? You must be hallucinating." Elias speaks, this time, I'll admit the seriousness in his voice.

"She'd changed... She even used her middle name for God knows why, not like I care, she should go screw herself... Guys say something." The main person I was referring to was Adam, he was the smartest among us.

"Does she know it was Royalty?" I nod, for some reason, I can feel the anger rising up again. After all these years, she came back and looked at me like a holy Samaritan.

"I think so because she was throwing daggers at her, Royalty being the timid one was so scared."

Adam's voice rose, "What does she want this time? Elias, why do I feel she isn't coming with good luck."

I agree with that though, "Trust me when I say she won't stay 2 metres with my girl."

I'm not mad at her for bringing Royalty into my life but I am, for dumping her. She had told me and made it clear she has nothing to do with Royalty and I should keep her because it was a bit late when she found out she was pregnant, so she couldn't abort it.

Royalty could have died right at my doorstep that day because her mom didn't want her, the day I set my eyes on Royalty, she was a crying mess and so tiny like Liz just had her. It was a rainy day when I heard my doorbell ringing, followed by cries of a baby. Thank goodness I had Adam and Elias with me by my side then or else, I would have done... Something I don't even want to think of right now.

Though, I knew right when I saw her that she was my baby because of the resemblance, it was too much, she has my lips, shape of nose, my birthmark, and my hair and more. But still, I still had the guts to do a DNA test. I feel bad for doing that. So bad...

I've done worst in Royalty's life since she was a baby, I never glance at her or bother if she was okay but she hell was a crybaby, I never slept at nights but only when I went over to Elias's or Adam's residence then the nanny had to handle her but she never stopped crying, she wanted me, her father.

"Roman." I was being pulled to a shoulder, Elias squeezed my shoulder as I shut my eyes, unable to keep the liquid in my eyes anymore.

"It's okay, man."

I know my tears won't change anything I have done in my past to my daughter and that is what is making me feel worse again, I can't do anything to change the past. Royalty didn't and doesn't deserve what I did, she doesn't deserve me but someone that loves her since she was a baby, someone that understands her when she was a baby. Just like she had told me, the one that will love me and care for me like aunty Mary does to Megan.

"Papa."

I stare at my feet not wanting to look at her, but there's no way she won't notice that I was crying. She notices anything in me, because she's my Royalty.

"Why is he crying?" She asks one of them. Through her quivering voice, I knew she was going to cry but I didn't want to look up now.

Royalty's POV

"So, you're Elias? Junior?" I ask while he nods.

"Hmm, E-li-as, a liar."

He glared at me, "I hope that's a joke."

"What's your hobby." Eli suddenly asks me.

"Eating." I shrug, furrowing my eyebrows unaware of the reason he starts to laugh all of a sudden.

Is that normal?

"When did eating turn into a hobby?"

"What doesn't make eating a hobby? It's something I like." I peered at him, waiting for him to finish his laughter session, for like forty seconds which felt like forever.

"Wanna go for round three?" I ask, he shook his head, I smirk in victory. "Why? You're nervous I'm going to beat you again?"

I thought he was the boss when he won in the first round but then I beat him in the second round.

"No, I'm not nervous." He defended himself.

"You are."

"No, it's just weird having someone you're older than winning me." He confessed.

"And embarrassing." He quickly adds.

I shrug and reassure him, "At least you won in the first round, right?"

He's just a year older, he's seven and really does have skills in games so I don't get why he's embarrassed because I won and he refused to play another round with me, after making fun of my hubby.

"You won just by luck because my pad wasn't good like yours.'' he lies again for like the fourth time. Me being tired(for arguing), flung myself on the bed while he was busy tapping something on his tab.

I stare at the ceiling, I'm already missing daddy so I went downstairs. Descending the stairs, I was hearing what they were saying but didn't pay much attention to it, it's not like I even understood until I heard daddy's name and uncle Elias begging him to stop crying. I am so curious so I increased my strides to the living room.

"Papa."

My heart shattered into pieces, when I saw his state, he didn't even glance at me, he was avoiding my gaze.

Have I done anything wrong?

And he's crying?

I never saw him cry... Until now.

I turn to uncle Adam with my lips curved downwards and blurry vision, "Why's he crying?"

A/N: if u like this chapter, hit that red star below, comment and follow me.

You can also check out my other book, it's available on my profile. Happy reading 😊

So much love❣️.