Chapter 33

It all starts with you, and that which never starts, also finishes with you.

                                       -Anthony Liccione

Roman.

I didn't want to show how upset and down I am when she told me she likes a boy. Was she serious? I never liked anyone when I was her age.

Okay maybe on Cassie in second grade, that thought alone made my nose scrunch up in disgust, I don't even know why I liked her in the first place, she was that bratty, spoiled bully that was even older than me. Heck, I was so dumb that I turned into her slave even though Adam and Elias talked sense into me but no, I grew deaf and blind with Cassie.

I pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the last thing I wanted to hear , I almost stopped breathing when Royalty screamed and I knew through that, she was in pain. I quickly looked at her, she'd been crying, her shirt... was stained with something brownish.

Shit!

"Royalty." She looked at me with her already bloodshot eyes. The last thing I want to see.

Why does someone have to ruin our happy moments?

I moved my eyes towards the culprit, her scared and timid eyes gazing right back at me. But I won't fall for that, not anymore.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR BLOODY MIND? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU'RE BLIND OR WHAT?" I don't care if I got a few heads curve to our direction, due to my anger I was unable to focus.

         Royalty had her face buried under her arm while weeping silently. I slammed my shaking, wet fist on the table when she was still giving me that look.

"Maya!"a woman hurried to us, anger clear in her eyes. She directed her attention towards Royalty, back at me.

"I'm so sorry sir-"
I swear if Royalty wasn't here...

"Damn if you say that word there again..." I turned to the so-called Maya that was now boring holes on my forehead, not like I was affected.

We were having a staring contest before the other woman spoke up.

"Maya what's wrong with you? Why have you been acting clumsy these days? And you spilled espresso on the little girl."

These are shit.

"You're fired!"

"Ma'am-"

Whatever cut Maya off was out of my business since she saw me pulling Royalty away from the booth along with me. I was so done putting up with their shits. Only God knows how they got many customers. I sighed when I noticed Royalty's cries had subsided so I placed her at the front seat of the car.

"Baby look at me?" I was a bit satisfied that I didn't see any bruises. Or else, I'm definitely going to find a way to shut down that fucked up restaurant in less than 24 hours.

Being the obedient girl that she is, her sad gaze met mine. "Did you get any burns?"

She embraced me in a hug and shook her head. I felt bad for her. I didn't notice we'd spent almost ten minutes at the parking lot, hugging me and me telling her that she's a strong girl and she can't be hurt. She almost smiled when I called her mi niña. But I had to mask my frown so she wouldn't notice.

"Daddy, you're frowning."
Damn, Royalty.

"I'm not." I Iied, sending her a smile, she just shook her head and looked at the steering wheel and I pray she doesn't ask what I'm thinking.

*.      *.       *.        *.       *.         *
"We're home?" She interrogated me when I stopped the car in front of our mansion.

"It won't be good if you don't get cleaned up." I sighed. She exited the car and did the usual thing, running to the door like someone was chasing her and successfully opening the door.

      While I was helping her pick some clothes, she was rambling about something, I just wished I was listening. But I wasn't. The lady that got fired... The looks she was throwing at Royalty... Regret in those eyes while
staring at me (not like I care after what she'd done) were killing me. It is now clear why Royalty was cuddling  with me earlier, that thought alone brought a smile to my face.

"It's not funny!" She folded her arms with a pout forming on her lips.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's not funny?"

"You're acting like you don't know, she was scaring me." Her voice reflects throughout the room, "and she was looking at you. Too much "

I lowly chuckled, "That isn't new."

"But those girls aren't supposed to look at you like that... It's so rude of them!" She groaned while I just smirked and asked her, wriggling my eyebrows,

"How was she looking at me?"
Oh God, this is fun.

She used her hands to demonstrate but I don't get it, my smile widen in length, "Like she was uh... how should I put this? She was looking at you."

I nod my head without the smirk slipping off my face. I can sense something...

"Is Royalty jealous?" My eyebrows danced in amusement knowing it will catch her off guard.

"She isn't jealous." She pinched her nose, I know she was mad at me but we just share the same thing in common. "They are."

"You think?" She nodded and sat on my lap. I tickled her armpit making her laughter echo in the room, she was saying something between her laughter but I was unable to grab it. She even tried escaping but I grasped her tight and continued my assault. I finally let her be, our heavy breathing was the only thing you'll here.

That shows how much I tickled her.

Please 🥺 don't leave without voting , commenting and following me, you don't understand what that means to me.