Chapter 42

"There is nothing that moves a loving father's soul quite like his child's cry." - Joni Eareckson

Royalty.

My sobs louden when I got no reply, none of them was looking my way, even daddy. I went to him and climbed on his lap, "Is it b-be-because of-"

He finally turns to me, kissing my hair
out of the blue. "It isn't because of you, mi niña." He smiles.

The nickname always makes me feel special, like I'm a queen. I smiled back at him even through my almost-shed tears.

"Such an innocent kid." I heard uncle Elias mumble.

I am happy that daddy is not crying because of me so I kissed him back and got off his lap but still facing him, I whispered, "I'm hungry.", Rubbing my stomach.

"I haven't forgotten about that, I'll get you something." He roughens my hair.

"What do you want, smallie?" I notice daddy glared at uncle Adam who just smirks with a shrug, uncle Adam pulls me to a room, I assume, a kitchen.

"Do you have pasta?" I ask.

"We always have, Eli's fav. But not today."

"Why do they have the same name?" I crease my head, there are so many names in the world.

"It's their family thing." He shrugs while opening the fridge and some ingredients.

"You can cook!" I shout in delight, oh my God! I'm going to cook with him.

"Yep, much better than your dad."

Roman's POV.

Royalty really enjoys staying over at Elias's so far so good, she doesn't even want to go home so she'll play with Eli but I had convinced her we'll come often and dragged her with the energy left in me. She even pulled a scene with Elias so we got home late.

Currently, it is 9:45 pm. I got up from my desk chair leaving out a sigh. I'm frustrated finding not a single thing about her. I had hired my PA to track down Liz and send information about her. I want to know everything about her because when I saw her two weeks ago, I felt like she's going to come back into my life again, but me, Roman Asher Black won't spread my arms open for her. 

I have not been sleeping well since the day I saw her. I'm bothered about her but I always try to convince myself I need not to worry about her, but about her being close to Royalty and telling her about her past. That will be a long story.

I slowly lay flatly on my bed, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

*. *. *. *. *. *
My eyes flutter open when I hear the chiming of my alarm clock in the background. I snoozed it and peered at the time with my eyes closed. Sure, I'm still sleepy but I just had to drag myself from my bed to get ready for the day. It was a few minutes past seven am, I got my business done and dressed up in casual wear since I don't have to go to work on Saturday. It was a plain grey shirt and black khaki shorts.

I make my way to the kitchen to cook breakfast. When it was almost nine am, I went to Royalty's room to get her for breakfast.
She was sitting on her bed with her eyelashes slightly apart and it seems like she just woke up.

"Daddy!" She sprinted to me and wrapped her hands around my torso.
"Good morning, mi niña."

I chuckle, "Morning to you too, mi niña."

STAY TUNED FOR THE LAST CHAPTER!!!!

If you enjoy this chapter, make me happy by voting, commenting and following. You may not understand how much it means to me 🥺.

By the way, we're coming to the end... Almost...🙂