Chapter 34

Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.
                                                  -J.R. Ward.

Roman.
"Um... You mix it together?" I asked while her face was palmed.

"Daddy, you haven't added sugar." She whines, collecting my phone and glancing through it.

I cleared my throat, "I have." I defended myself.

She didn't look away from my phone's screen and bossed, "I want it much." She dropped it on the counter and grabbed the container where the sugar is. I watched as she just spread the sugar on the yogurt without caring about the daggers I was sending her.

"Better." She said, licking her fingers and returned the container to where it was.

"You're going to drink it all alone if the sugar is too much." I told her but she just shrugged.

My jaw slacked and I shook my head.

Why am I even surprised?

The ringing of the doorbell echoed throughout the mansion, Royalty stopped what she was doing, she didn't wait any second and ran to get the door.

After that, I didn't hear anything. I wiped my hands before leaving for the living room.
The sight before me made my vein pop on different areas in my body, I pursed my lips then cleared my throat, catching everyone's attention.

"I wasn't expecting you guys."

I crossed my arms over my chest peering at each of them.

"Is that how you greet your older bro, bro?" Brian. He would be the only one to talk. He strode to me and slapped my back.

He has no idea how that shit hurts like hell.

"Don't expect me to apologize, you could've told me you guys were coming." I glared at Grace who was already glaring hard at Royalty. The latter had that scared look on her face.

Why is she even scared of an eight-year-old?

"I think this is gonna be a long day." I mutter to myself. Jordan raced to me and hugged my legs, "Hello, J.d I see you."

"Why haven't you guys been coming? We missed you?

I go with him?

But why the 'we'?

"I was busy." I started, blankly and before he could bombard me with other questions, I added, "And Royalty was also busy."

"So uh.. did you guys come for dinner?"
Why am I the only one talking?

"We came to meet you guys, it's been long." It was Ana this time with a smile.

"We're making yogurt." Royalty chirps in excitement. She ran to the kitchen with the rest of us following after.

"Can you make pickles?" Grace asked her, earning a nod from Royalty. She was playing with her fingers nervously, one thing I notice she does when she's shy or something.

"I'll go order something." I went back to the living room, to the home telephone and ordered dinner. I waited a few minutes for the bell to ring and when it did, I got the delivered meal, signed it and gave the delivery man some tips.

"Dinner's here."

*.         *.        *.          *.           *
Dinner turns out to be something I expected, I was hardly breathing when Royalty brings up a topic and Grace would be the one to complete it, cutting her off rudely and at the end, she ends up insulting Royalty.

It took forever just to finish a meal. I wonder if I had ordered so much food, how many years, I mean decades will it take us to eat?

Brian was discussing some bro talks with me while Ana chirps in when necessary. His jokes were making her laugh, they spent most of their time laughing and joking over something I don't really find funny or amusing, either way, it looks funny to Ana. I was being the third wheel again and I'll never get used to being the third wheel.

I mentally rolled my eyes at him. I'm jealous but I wasn't showing it. I'm not going to let him know he's winning because this guy, Brian knows what he's doing. Heck, I'll even surprise him. It's going to shock him to the core, I'm planning to tell him I'm trying to drop the role of a playboy, I want to be a good parent for Royalty's sake since I'm right back at my senses now.... It's so difficult though to drop the role of a playboy. But now, I'm seeing someone. Something I'd never believe if someone had told me back then. But it's hard ignoring the attention women display in my presence. Heck, whether Royalty is there or not, they act like she's invisible.

"A penny for your thoughts?"Brian asks me with a smirk. I was finally relieved he came back to his senses all this time they were acting lovey-dovey.

"I'm not thinking.'' I shrugged, "just glad you two are done with your-"