Chapter 30

"Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend."
-Sarah Dessen

Royalty
I  jumped out of my dad's car, bouncing in excitement and skipped to the driver's side of the car. With my arms spread out, I jumped into daddy to give him a hug while he peppered my face with kisses.

"Bye bye papa." I waved my hand at him and skipped to my class.

Today, daddy filled my bag with snacks and juice for Megan and she's so going to love it.

"Good morning, miss Michelle." I bugged her and earned a sweet, kind smile from her

"Hello miss Royalty.'' Laughter erupts my stomach.
I scanned the class and my smile broadened when I spotted the blonde hair that is the cause of my smile. She was in her usual seat. Quickly, I raced to her and pulled her into a hug, forgetting about our little argument. I know too well she would've let it go just like that because she didn't reject my hug unlike the last time. Let's not talk about that...

Though that's how we are, we can be mad at each other for a day or less but that doesn't change the fact that we are and will forever be best friends.

I admit that yesterday, I was scared when she lashed out on me. Because it's so rare seeing her like that.

She returned my hug and pulled out her hand to me, "I was looking for you yesterday so mommy made another."

I smiled at her. Isn't she sweet?

"And guess what's for you?" I eagerly unzipped my bag while she just raised her eyebrows, clueless to what I'm going to do.

"OMG, doughnuts with sprinkles on top!" She screams, uncontrollably. That made Miss Michelle scold her but that isn't even close to stop her from being more ecstatic. While Miss Michelle carried on with the class, myself and Megan didn't listen, we were talking in a whisper so she wouldn't really notice. When Megan scoots closer to me, covering both ends of her mouth, I know she's about to say something interesting.

"Elroy '' that word alone was everything, she got my full attention and I couldn't wait for her to speak further, she noticed my eagerness as a mischievous smirk appeared on her lips. I rolled my eyes at her so she continued further, "he also searched for you yesterday, he said he wanted to teeell you something." Emphasizing on 'tell'.

I mentally beamed and asked, "uh.. what did he want to tell me?"

Wriggling her eyebrows, her smirk widens which is really getting on my nerves right now, I just have to save my anger for another time because it involves Elroy so I want her to say whatever she wants to say first.

"He isn't going to tell me."

OMG

Is she for real?

I squealed while she added, "it's something sooo special."

"Let's wait for it."
I just have to go through the suspense now.

*. *. *. *. *
Elroy invited me and Megan to play with his friends. I was getting closer to him as the second passed by, his friends are Tyrese and Rick. While we were playing, Tyrese was telling me how good he was at games and then, at one point , he thinks I'm a nobody in games. He doesn't know the queen.

Yet.

While Megan being the Megan I know on the other hand, stays close to me so she'll whisper anytime she caught Elroy looking at me.

"He's doing it again." She squeals. I shift my eyes towards Elroy's direction. It was true though, Megan said he was looking at me and I've caught him now which proves everything she'd been whispering since.
A dimple showed on one of his cheeks and inched closer so I used that moment to ask,

"You wanted to tell me something?"

His palm went to the back of his neck while shooting daggers at Megan, "um... Yeah, no. I wanted to tell you that um... You make me... " I narrowed my eyes at him, "actually, I just wanted to say hello... I was not at peace when I didn't see you yesterday. Where were you?"

Pretty much, liar.

I shrugged, ''In class."

He gawked at Megan and back at me and muttered,"Canihugyouagain?"

I was able to catch what he said so I just nodded.

He shifted more close that I could even feel his breath on me. I don't mind if Megan was there or not, screaming like it's one big thing.

"It's just a hug." I told her. She nodded her head once and from that annoying, familiar expression on her face, I knew she didn't agree with me.

"Hmm, it's just a hug." She repeats.

"Yes, it's just a hug so?" I retorted, "Megan, stop thinking like it's a really big thing." I scolded her.

"It really is a big- sorry, very big thing." She winked at me. I know it's a big thing but I don't want to admit that in her face or else I'll regret it, she'll continue to tease me about it.

She was looking somewhere behind me and took my hand, dragging me to her mom's car.

"Good afternoon, aunty Mary." I cheered and was thrown into a big hug. She kissed each side of my cheek.

"Mommy, Royalty gave me doughnuts... Oh with sprinkles, it's so so so so soooo yummy." Aunty Mary laughed at her acts and cupped my cheeks while I mumbled.

''I used it to bribe her."

Megan growled, "without even giving me the doughnuts, we're still the best friends in the world." Suddenly, she spun to her mom and from that puppy dog eyes she had on her eyes, I knew what she was going to say.

"Mom, can we be sisters please?"

So please if you like book, vote, comment and follow me for more updates. Thanks for reading!🥰