Chapter 32

Dedicated to ThavieshaPallawala.

The love between a daddy and his daughter is unbreakable.

Royalty

He rested his head on the headrest with his brown eyes still glued to mine. I didn't move my eyes away from his.

I took the opportunity to defeat my fear by asking, "is it bad to like someone?"

I saw as his eyebrows slowly creased into confusion, "How can it be bad?" He paused, "Okay, it's not bad to like someone, you actually care about the person. Why are you asking?"

Ignoring his question, I continued, "So it's not bad if I like someone?"

He cleared his throat suddenly, and that alone was alone to tell me what was coming through, "Royalty where is this going?" His voice had changed, cold.

"Uh... Nothing." I quickly opened the car door and rushed to the doorstep before he could say anything else, thankfully I had taken the house key from the glove compartment and this time, I opened the door. Practice truly makes perfect. I left the key there and ran upstairs to my room.

*. *. *. *. *. *
I swiftly opened my eyes when I felt the touch of someone, dragging me from my sleep. I froze on my spot, not daring to move from my bed.

"Would you explain what you did in the car? You just walked away from me, how rude of you."

I didn't mean to be rude.

I couldn't control my lips that were falling downwards.

"I thought I asked you a question." I nod. "Explain."

I wiped my cheeks but then the harshness on his face lessened, a bit but that scowl was still on his face.

I hiccupped, "I- I didn't mean to be rude."

He shook his head, "Not that one, the question."

I broke down into tears, scared of how to speak my mind. I don't know what he'll do when I tell him. I breathed on him when he pulled me to his chest while rubbing my back, it was only my sobs and hiccups that didn't make the room quiet.

"You're so weird." I heard him mutter. "What about what you wanted to ask me, Royalty? Are you still scared of me?" I shook my head without lifting it off his hard chest. I had stopped crying and my cheeks are a bit dried now.

"You wanna go out and talk about it?"
I slowly bop my head this time.
Why will I refuse this?

*. *. *. *. *. *
Once daddy locked the door, I got out of his hold and sprinted to the driver's side of the car while he trailed after me.

"Dad, can I drive please?" I asked, with my palms adjoined and my lower lip poked out. He just smirked at me and opened the door of the driver's seat where I was planning to stay.

"Next time." He ignores my pleading eyes.

With a frown crawling up to my face, I begged, "Please? Please!" All he did was roll his eyes playfully at me and instructed me to sit at the front seat.

"You promise?" I asked as soon as I laid my bum on the seat.

"You promise not to annoy me with questions, baby." He reminded me, forking his fingers through his hair with a slight groan escaping his lips.

"Oh, yeah... Sor-" I covered my mouth, "How am I supposed to say 'so-' I mean apologize then?" He points to my eyes.

I nod in understanding and obey him by staying quiet though I don't like it. I'm not the one comfortable with this kind of silence. Gosh.