Chapter 37

It might take years to realize how hurt you are by the words people speak but it takes even longer to realize how much their actions have hurt you.

Royalty.
Royalty.
"He likes me." I stroked my palms together, ignoring the effects of tingles.

"Oh that is so obvious the whole time. Every single soul knows." Megan remarks.

"I didn't doubt it but I wasn't so sure then." Shrugging my shoulders, I took the last bite of my sandwich and moaned in savoury, so bad it will finish in less than three seconds now.

''You're Royalty." We curved our heads sideways, it was some of our mates. One, apparently, is like the boss, she was a foot ahead of her followers. Their hair was held up in ponytails. The leader had her nose scrunched up as she planted her hands on her waist, shooting daggers at me.

Excuse me?

The other two girls mimics her. Three Ponys. The one and only three Ponys because their hair is always tied up in ponytails.

I nod my head in reply, "So you're the girl that Elroy likes?"

"Where's this going?" I asked her, narrowing my eyes. Audrey rolled her eyes at me.

Sassy girl.

"Don't ever think he likes you because he likes someone else." She flipped her hair while her friends hummed in agreement.
I sighed when she told me he likes someone else, he just confessed to me.

"Duh. He just told her he likes her." Megan shot back, moving forward to the girls.

"And you believe that? Remember he's the best when it comes to lying-"

"I never saw him lie." I retorted, enough of her false statements. I don't care if she hardened her fists by her sides, I don't care about the eyes she was giving me, I don't care how her jaw trembles in annoyance.

What? It's not like it's my fault.

"You're just jealous." Megan admitted.

"Why would I be jealous when he likes me?"

"There's a big difference between then and now." I grit my teeth, I was also trying my best not to touch her by unclenching my fist. I'm here trying to control my anger and she's even worsening it.

"We've even spent much of our precious time with a worthless pony, Megan let's get outta here."

It was already closing time and Aunty Mary will be here anytime soon. Megan got hold of my shaking fist, I was angry and scared. I feel something is going to happen; something bad so I elongated my strides.

The next thing I know, I was yanked backwards by my collar and pushed with force to the ground.
That act made me remember Grace.

I screech in pain, "Why did you push me, you could have hurt me!"

You've hurt me already.

Megan assisted me to get to my feet and spat, "Back off and find a boy that likes you." She pulled me out of the school. She continues to pull me towards the black Toyota Camry car. Her mom had wound down the window as her eyes roamed around the school's playground. Megan left my hand, unexpected by me and raced to her mother. I followed after her, sighing, anytime I see her, I wish she's my mommy.

"Good afternoon, aunty Mary." She cupped my chin while showering kisses on my face. She was focusing on me and tickling me.

"Moooommy." Megan whines with her lips poked out. She had her arms spread out and her legs fairly apart.

"Chill, I'll soon leave Megan." I mumbled, sadness laced my voice which was barely noticeable.

"Megy." Her mom laughs, embracing her into a hug, ''you're okay now?"

She slowly nodded and got into the car.

"I'll be going... Bye!"
I hung my head low and did my routine, walking towards the bench and waiting for daddy, he took eternity to pick me up at school.

I crossed my legs and stared into the air. People were passing by me to pick their offsprings and chattering so it was noisy. I locked my palms and untangled my legs, uncomfortable.
This is what I go through everytime in case you do not know.

I'm feeling jealous of Megan again, how she acted in the car... I badly want to have a good mom like aunt Mary who loves me and will not leave me alone. But I'm not on that list. Why can't I have that?

I took a deep breath to stop myself from tearing up but my eyes were betraying me, it rushed out profusely. Suddenly, I perceived someone calling my name through my ears. I looked away from my feet, my eyes welcomed a pair of sad eyes, staring right back at me. His eyebrows were furrowed as he stared at me with those eyes. I feel sad and guilty for sharing my sad state with him.