Chapter 20

A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip.
― Terri Guillemets

"No!" Megan yanked me back to her with so much force that I stumbled,"she's my best friend, you can't steal her from me."

"Megan, he said you can join us in the trapeze rings." I groan at her possessiveness. Suddenly I felt another hand pulling me again, and now, I was nailed between two people. how can i get past this?

"He never said that... you're even taking his side." I frowned at her so she would get to stop being possessive over me but she's acting so stubborn, with the way her arms tangled on her chest having a staring contest with Elroy.

"You two are so boring." he growls finally breaking eye contact "Roy, are you coming? you can tag along..." he said. One can't miss the irony laced in his voice though. I'm pretty sure Megan also noticed he sounds like he doesn't need any other company.

"Megan just come." I was getting restless now, she should just say yes and we'll play, that's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

"Ok, pweeaase." I gave her my puppy eyes with a pout, blinking my eyes lashes repeatedly.

"Fine it's because you used the magic word." She was eyeing Elroy.

*.        *.          *.          *.       *
"I won't ask why you're here." I stated while he occupied the little space by my side, my legs were crossed over the other as I gaze on my dusty shoes, already having that feeling that I get when he's around, Oh God will I ever get used to Elroy being around me?

I got those goosebumps when he comes around me, his presence always makes me excited even at times when I'm not.

"I wasn't expecting you to be harsh with me either."
I wasn't harsh! I wanted to tell him but... control.

I shot him a look, he shrug and turned sideways just to look at me. When I saw him moving closer to me, I couldn't help my traitorous lip that cracked a smile for the reasons I don't want to admit.

There was barely space between us that I can't even breathe properly.

Oh my God, I forgot how to breathe!

Okay... Act like you're sniffing, slowly, gently...

"How do you see the nickname by the way?" He asks me, matching my smile. Oh God, not again, that smile!

A chuckle left my mouth as I unlocked my legs and now swinging it.
I'm enjoying this... So far, so good.

"It's really awesome... I give you a point, just one." I gesture with my forefinger and thumb while he chortle.

Oh my God...
I like his laugh...
His smile...
His angelic face...
His smooth voice...
His...

Royalty come off it.

He pouted his lips, remind me to tell him to stop doing that, could he JUST stop being so cute?

"It's not fair." He complained.

"Why did you use the last three letters ending your name?" Curiosity kills the cat. And I don't want to die of curiosness.

"It makes sense, your name starts with Roy and mine ends with Roy. What else is there to explain?"

Silence.

Wow, what a coincidence!

I tore my eyes away from his brown ones, locking my palms together.

Everything is changing but I don't think daddy is ever going to stop picking me late.

"Roycanihugyou?"

My eyebrows knits together. I almost heard what he said.

"I said canihugyou... Can. I. Hug. You?"

Yep, I heard correctly.

Elroy scratched the back of his neck not taking his eyes off me for once while I did the same.

To be sincere, I didn't know what to do so I just shrugged with an 'okay' and did it.

I don't know about him but me, it seemed long and I was scared the clock is ticking...

I slowly pull away when I noticed we've been taking forever.

"What I needed " he says shyly. "Really wished I'd seen you sooner, sorry... I have to-"

A voice was heard when he was going to complete his sentence, the one that made me jolt. Sending shivers to every area in my body, that clearing of his throat meant something. I jumped on my feet after I processed what was ahead of me. I quickly look away from Elroy and there was this scared look on his face.

Please leave a vote, fan or follow, I'll really appreciate it, I want to know what goes in your mind about my book, See you at the next chapter. Bye:-)