2. The Ending Of The Chase

Emi's POV:

It doesn't matter what I wear.
Underneath all the expensive clothes...is a skin and flesh begging for your touch.

How I could possibly love and hate you at the same time Anthony? Will I ever find my answers?

Today, I feel as if I'm getting closer to you. If I can't have you then no one else will.

Because today...

I choose revenge.

I'm wearing the wrong floral lace and velvet Oscar de la Renta dress, carrying a different color of Birkin Bag, wearing mismatched Louis Vuitton shoes, and my yellow gold La Panthère Cartier watch. On top of that, I'm late. My secretary, Claire, called me and informed me that David Monks, or as everyone call him, Dave, is already in the office. I went straight to park my Rolls Royce in the designated area. My office is on the highest level of the building, guaranteeing the best view.

The life of the rich. I'll never get used to it.

When you become an instant billionaire out of the kindness of a stranger, how can you adjust so quickly? It has been 4 years since I've inherited everything from  the late Nicolas Bauman. Sometimes I have to pinch myself from time to time..like wow. This is actually happening?

My phone rang. I couldn't tell which one was ringing. Why does anyone need 3 phones? Ridiculous, right? I answered the call and heard a familiar voice.

"Hello? Where are you? Dave is already leaving." Claire said.

"Wait, what? Follow him! Tell him I'm almost there. I'm already here at the cor -" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as I almost bumped into Dave. Wearing two different shoes is a pain. It's like going on a race with your body on a bike and the other on a skateboard.

Impossible.

"Dave! Coffee?" Hoping a coffee would make him stay and calm him down. It surely does the trick for me.

He sighed and said "Fine. Just one."

If only you can offer coffee to anyone who wants to leave just to make them stay, what a joy it would have been.

Dave and I went to my office. I made sure that my office is well designed. I believe that a good office is a reflection of the culture of the company. I wanted an office that will reflect my confidence and power. Upon entrance, you will first notice a huge glass window that shows the most breathtaking views and Florence Knoll table desk with my high back swivel chair in the middle, the marble tiles on the floor, and the lounge room on the side. I heard that a desk closer to the wall shows the dependence of the CEO. That's why I opted for my desk to be in the center to show my control. There's also the right amount of plant life and artwork.

Odd how we sometimes go through such lengths just to feel that we are in control of something for once. Just the right amount of illusion that I got my shit together. That I'm fine.

We sat near the Lalique Cactus coffee table facing each other. I wanted every piece of furniture to scream elegance and wealth. I watch as Dave look at it.

Claire came into the room, wearing her usual office attire. An earth-tone colored knee-length dress and her blonde hair in a high ponytail. She brought the coffee, looked at me with her light blue eyes, and gave it to us. I told her to only serve the best coffee for Dave. I then hand her all of my stuff.