18. Emi's Backstory Continuation

flashback

I stood outside the massive gate of the Brens. I rang the doorbell twice yet nothing happened. I waited for a while. I put my huge suitcase on the ground and sat on it.

So much for a new life.

A Rolls-Royce phantom arrived and someone inside rolled down the car window.

"Yes? How may I help you?" the man asked.
"Hi! I'm Emily. Annie sent me here as a nanny replacement ." I answered.

"Annie sent you? I remember she did recommended someone." he replied. I showed him the card and documents Annie gave me. He glanced at it for a second.

"Okay. Get in." He commanded.

"Ge-get in sir?" I asked him again. He looked annoyed at the question. Without wasting more time, I grabbed my suitcase and got in the car. I was amazed by the tall trees surrounding the property as we went along their private driveway. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. Even the flowers, plants, rocks, and ground itself looked the kind of expensive that only the rich can afford. It gives a private and royal feeling to it. Almost as if you can easily confuse this as a public park. It's that massive.

The ride going to the house was silent. I was expecting him to say something but he didn't. We then arrived at a big mansion. We were welcomed by a huge fountain and a beautiful landscape. The mansion itself looks like a Georgian Masterpiece elegantly placed on an eight-acre land. It's one of the finest estates I've ever seen. After getting out of the car, I followed the man wearing a black suit.

"This is the staff's quarters. Follow me inside," he said.

Staff's quarters? This alone is only a house for the staff? What? How big is the actual mansion then?

The two wood double doors opened, showing a well lit grand foyer. A huge chandelier welcomes you with a luxurious double staircase with fine white marble tile on the floor and modern stylish furniture.

"Please wait here. I will call the master of the house," he said, he continued to dial the number and talk to someone on the phone.

"Good afternoon sir. Annie's replacement is here. She said her name was..." he paused and looked at me.

"Emily. Emily Cavanaugh." I softly said.

"Ms.Cavanaugh. Alright. Okay. Understood sir. Thank you." he put down the phone after. He looked at me and said "Mr.Martin Bren will attend to you shortly. In the meantime, please be seated. There's a receiving area on your way to the left, then go straight and turn right." he instructed.

Right. Left, straight, right.

I didn't want to repeat and bother him. Before I left with my suitcase I turned around and said "Excuse me, sir, you are?"

"Mr. Sanderson. Jerome Sanderson." he answered looking coldy at me.

Mr. Sanderson is a tall petite man. He is most likely in his 50's. He has hazel eyes, short platinum blond hair, assertive, and strict.

He left after and I walked straight to the receiving area. The staff's quarter is massive. It's as big as my school back in primary. There is even an indoor koi pond and a garden in the middle of the house. Wanting to see more of the garden, I decided to take a quick look, until I saw a little boy on the ground. It seems like he fell out of his wheelchair. I quickly approached him and slowly put him back in his wheelchair.  The boy is probably around 7 or 8 years old but he is much smaller for his age. He is pale and thin. He has short blond hair and beautiful gray eyes.