23. The One Who Is Always Loved II

(A/N; The following scenes will be told in the perspective of Milko, Alyssa, and Emi. Giving you guys a heads up to avoid confusion. The POV will be in bold to let you know.)

Milko's POV:

Alyssa continued to stare at me as she wait for my response. I didn't know what to tell her. I wanted to be angry. I wanted to stop her from doing so.

But what right do I have?

Just who am I to her anyway?

Milko & Alyssa's Back Story:

The Lipkings, my family, and Baugh, Alyssa's family, has always been close friends. In tradings and business. They are two of the most influential families. Because of that, Alyssa and I are bound to know each other. It wasn't difficult to end up being friends. We were playmates as kids, classmates in international private school, even when we further our education in another country, we still went to the same university and took the same degree. Everything we do, it was all related to business to help improve and succeed both of the businesses our families have.

With all of that being said, Alyssa is my first love. It wasn't difficult to love her. Even as kids, people who didn't know us would think we were childhood sweethearts. But, people who knew us knows it was nothing but a mere friendship between two people who can possibly benefit from each other's future endeavors in business and society.

I have always known that at a young age Alyssa is to be wedded to Henry Walton. The Waltons, another powerful family in the hospitality industry. Known for their famous hotels and casinos. Henry is expected to take over his father once he comes of age. I, on the other hand is the youngest of the Lipking siblings. I have 2 older brothers, Ivan and Andrej, and an older half sister named Casey. My parents didn't expect much from me and I had the choice to partake in the family business. Since everything will be handled by my older siblings. In a way, I still had my freedom. But not Alyssa. Alyssa is the only child of her parents. To strengthen their business, at a young age the Walton's and Baugh's agreed to have them marry each other. Alyssa, of course never agreed and was unhappy with the situation. Since she had no choice and she grew up in a strict household, she followed what her parents wants.

At some point in her life, Alyssa agreed to the wedding but only if they allow her to start her own clothing line business. Complete different style, ethics, and everything relatively cheap, a way that the mass will be able to purchase. Her parents weren't happy about it. They felt as if the name Baugh is being sold in a cheap price instead of being one of the standard high end product. It was her own way of rebelling to her parents, it was a chaos at first, but Alyssa stood her ground. It was either the business or call off the wedding. Even with her entire life on the line, she still love her parents so much that she still couldn't completely disobey them. Hence, in the end they allowed her to start her own clothing line. Even if it goes against their own other businesses.

With that, I have always known it would be impossible for me to have a future with Alyssa. There was a time I thought maybe, if I was brave enough we could make it work. The year when we both studied abroad together I decided to man up and ask Alyssa out. She didn't take me seriously of course, but I tried my best to impress her on our first date. I've seen how uncomfy Alyssa was. I knew it was a difficult time and position for her, given that even when we are far, her parents still monitor us. She never felt free.

While we were in the university, I've been asked out and approached by a lot of girls. I pay no attention to any of them. Some girls even tried so hard to do stuff with me and yet they all ended up being rejected. As revenge, they spread a gossip that I was only into men. It was false. But out of spite, At first, I did it just to see how it's like, and in the end I've lean in dating men as well. I told people that I date both sexes. It reached Alyssa's ears. To her point of view, I only dated her to experience how it's like to date a girl. Since after her, I never dated anyone of the opposite sex. I promised myself, Alyssa is the last woman I will ever love.