05

CHAPTER FIVE ;
REAL FRIENDS

I opened my eyes to see myself outside, laying on my haori that had been folded neatly

"Eeh? Am I... Dead?" I said groggily, to nothing in particular.

"Nope! Unfortunately!" a familiar voice chimed, and I groaned in frustration.

"Nevermind, I want to die now please." I sat back down from my sitting up position and turned away.

I heard multiple footsteps and immediately identified the owners.

'ah. So they must have saved me from the curse'

I slowly got up again and looked at the two familiar sorcerers. They looked relatively worried and ran over to me.

"WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" Itadori shouted whilst overly dramatic tears fled down his face.

"THANK YOU FOR NOT LEAVING ME AMONGST ALL THESE BOYS!" Nobara shouted whilst hugging my shoulder.

I instantly felt blood rush to my cheeks and I felt myself splutter instead of forming proper words.

"y-y-you g-gu-ys w-were w-w-worried..." they titled their heads at me, confused.

"f-for me?" I finally finished, finding my words again.

"Well, yes?" Itadori answered

"Yeah, stupid," Nobara deadpanned at me.

"My head hurts..." I cradled my forehead gently and closed my eyes gently. My head was indeed throbbing, and I wasn't just being dramatic for once.

"What happened exactly?" I questioned the two who were still kneeling beside me.

"Well, we went down to the basement after we finished killing the curse and found you out cold. There wasn't a curse in sight, so we presume there wasn't one there in the first place. " Itadori answered.

I tilted my head slightly in confusion

'No curse in sight? Did I just hallucinate and pass out from fear? I mean, I wouldn't be entirely surprised...'

"Do you know what happened with the random lighting strike that happened?" Nobara inclined her head towards me, and I furrowed my brows, baffled.

'Lighting? But there are no rain clouds or signs of rain anywhere...'

"Sorry, but no," I answered, still rubbing my head.

"Are you sure about that?" the annoying voice enquired again as I saw the freakishly tall man waltzing towards us with the calm Fushiguro behind him.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm not God," I deadpanned.

"But it makes sense with your technique, doesn't it?" Gojo retorted whilst grinning abnoxiously at me.

"Technique?" Itadori raised a brow.

"A cursed technique like the rest of us, of course! Y/N here uses a technique called 'thunder breathing' It was passed down from generation to generation until it got down to her!" Gojo explained cheerfully, "There's different varieties of this technique and all the users use different weapons, for example..."

The white-haired man abruptly walked up to me with one stride and skillfully snatched my katana from my side.

"OI! NOT ONLY ARE YOU A KIDNAPPER WHO HARASSES HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BUT NOW YOU'RE A THEIF TOO?! GIVE IT BACK YOU TALL PALM TREE CREEP!" I tried to jump for it, but he evaded it by holding it high. I also regretted jumping so high as the headache had yet to subside.

I slumped back down and watched him flex my beautiful, shiny, yellow, golden, polished by yours truly, sword towards the young boy who looked like he had sparkles surrounding him.

"The clue is all in the sword~" Gojo did a jazz hand with his free one, "This is her chosen weapon and, as you can see, it has a lighting bolt running down the blade," he trailed his fingers down the metal.

I grimaced at the sight of his grubby fingers going along the sharp weapon.

'I'll have to wash his gross finger prints off now...'

Itadori grabbed my sword from the teacher and started observing it intensely.

"So what you're saying is..."

"Exactly right! She is the one who created the lightning." I gave him a confused look and he just looked at me with his usual smile.

"You do realise I was asleep, right–"

"THAT'S SO COOL!" Itadori got into my face with shiny eyes.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US EARLIER?!" Nobara looked at me with the same look.

"I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU FIGHT NOW!"

"Guys, I wasn't conscious–"

"THAT'S EVEN COOLER!" Nobara quickly replied enthuastically

"IMAGINE BEING SO POWERFUL, YOU'RE EVEN MORE OVER POWERED SLEEPING!" Itadori and Nobara held hands, looking at each other whilst I sweatdropped at them.

Gojo walked past the excited two and gave me back my sword.

"See~ I wasn't a crazy homeless guy from an asylum like you said! Others see it too!"

I ignored him and looked at the two with glossy eyes.

"We're very glad to have such a badass friend!"

'friend?'

══════════════════

I tried to extend this chapter as much as I could so have an explanation about the technique. There's more to it obviously but that's a surprise for another time!

Sorry it's short the manga chapter it was based on was Nobara and Itadori vs that wierd frog thing that yoinked itself out of the window an there was like 3 panels of them talking outside the action scenes that have already happened in this chapter.

860 words

edited ✓