14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ;
CANDIDATE

I was thankful I didn't have to take part in the fighting this time. It was however interesting to see the two guys put their cursed techniques to use.

I'd never seen anyone have their technique involve just their bare fists but now I had.

'how are his knuckles not getting crushed or something?'

And after the curses were eliminated, we got the GREAT news that we were actually fighting humans!

"SO NOT ONLY AM I PUTTING MY LIFE ON THE LINE, I'M ALSO COMMITTING MURDER?!"

The woman on the phone who had broke the news chuckled to herself before sighing,

"Is itadori listening?"

"Yeah" said strawberry haired boy replied

"You didn't kill them. Don't be mistaken by that. Loosely, thier cause of death is the shock of having their bodies forcibly contorted".

Itadori physically paled and hastily hung up the phone in shock, meanwhile I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my throat.

"theresatechniquethatcancontortpeoplenow? SERIOUSLY?! I'M GONNA D-"

"This person is skilled. It seems we won't be able to finish this casually"

﹌﹌﹌

"Can you enlighten me why you dragged me along with you?" I grumbled to the overly hapoy boy beside me whilst we drove to a location of where the only witness was

"I thought it would be funner together!" he gave me a thumbs up with a beaming smile.

"I bet it would be... If you didn't bring those along with you" I looked to the little caged spirits that sat next to me making wierd noises whilst sticking their hands out of the bars.

"They're fly heads. They're only low grade, grade four to be precise. You have nothing to worry about." the driver explained before turning much more serious, "We're going to have to attack him in a deserted place"

He then went on to go on about the many possibilities and plans that he had come up with.

"One. If he cannot see the the curse, please go and save him"

"Two. If he can see the curse but cannot deal with it, please again rescue him and we'll interrogate him about what happened on that day"

"If her exorcises the fly heads with sorcerery, we'll restrain him immediately."

"By force?" Itadori asked

"By force." the driver nodded, "If we do hapoen to misunderstand the situation it's fine, we can always apologise later."

"LATER?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY LATER?! NO WAY AM I MISSING OUT ON A CHANCE OF A NEW HUSBAND! I FINALLY HAVE A NEW CANDIDATE FOR THE SPOT AND HAVING A NEW PERSON TO BEFRIEND AFTER BEING AROUND A BUNCH OF NO GOOD, SLACKERS OF SOCERERS, IT'S A GOOD THING!"

The driver deadpanned and went silent before speaking up, "Are you done? This is your fifth rant this whole car ride"

"GET USED TO IT! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THAT I'VE NEVER ASKED YOU FOR YOUR HAND IN MARRIAGE!"

The driver then proceeded to roll his eyes and sped up ever so slightly causing me to fly back into my seat with great speed and I screeched in shock.

"I don't get paid enough for this shit"

══════════════════