13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ;
NEW MISSION

Turns out I wouldn't be seeing Maki or anyone for that matter for a while. I had considered calling the police to say I had been kidnapped and had been held against my will but I couldn't even do that since a certain someone had taken away my phone so I could 'focus on my training'.

So naturally, I ignored said certain someone and sought out the only reasonable teacher I knew.

Though he wasn't ACTUALLY a teacher, he was more of an adult than the man child that called himself the strongest. We also shared a mutual hate for sorcerers and just curses in general (though for different reasons)!

And that all led to where we were now, at a cinema, ready to investigate a particularly interesting (terrifying) scene.

"It's a gruesome scene. Are you prepared? Itadori, Y/N."

"NO"

﹌﹌﹌

"Can you see it? These are the remnants of magical power." the blonde pushed up his goggles whilst we stared down the empty hallway.

"Nah, I can't see anything at all"

"Look at the time! It looks like it's getting late and I need to feed my fridge! HaHaHA." I laughed awkwardly and turned around with haste only to be stopped once I saw the door closed behind us.

'I thought I heard Nanami lock the door that sneaky bastard'

"That's because you're not trying to see it. Usually, we can confirm curses by sight like it's second nature to us. When you exercise technique, you leave traces behind. We call them 'remnants'. However, they're faint compared to things like cursed spirits. Please strain your eyes and look closely"

Itadori started to squint his eyes and stared intensely at the floor until a look of suprise took over his features.

"Oh! I can see it!"

"I can see... The floor"

"Of course. An independent man must be able to realise somethings presence before seeing it."

'what's that supposed to mean–'

"You know, it would be nice if you were to praise to give encourage improvement or something" Itadori complained.

"I don't praise nor speak ill of people. I conform to the truth and judge by that. This is the way I am" Nanami bluntly explained.

"Once upon a time, I thought society was the same, but...

you don't need to hear that story, right? We'll follower the remnants."

"Alright! let's go all out!"

I groaned dramatically at his excitement, "I know you're excited to save people and all, but can you please tone it down a little? Not all of us want to be here!"

"Why? Are you already scared? Don't worry, I'll protect you!" he beamed and I felt my face become hot.

"I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID. NOW, MARRY M-"

"I disagree, if it can be done casually, let's do it casually"

Itadori grimaced slightly before hesitantly nodding.

﹌﹌﹌

"There was nothing on the surveillance camera, right?" Itadori asked as we went up the stairs.

"Yes. Apart from the victims, there was only one boy."

As they carried on speaking amongst themselves, I couldn't help but pick up a distorted voice coming from the roof.

Where we were currently approaching.

Be....

Be....

Bento....

"AAAAA-"

"Stop"

Nanami put his hand out to stop Itadori from attacking.

"I'll clean this one up. Itadori, you take care of this one and Y/N..."

"y-y-yEs?"

"Please just stay put and make sure no other curses appear and ambush us"

"oKAY?!"

"If you don't think you can beat it, just call for me."

"Aren't you looking down on us a bit to much?"

Goooooood

Detergent

"It's not a matter of looling down on either of you. You're children and I'm an adult. I have a duty to prioritise you over myself."

"If you're gonna treat me like a child. I'd rather you just look down on me!" Itadori argued yet again.

"You've escaped death many times" the aDuLt fixed his tie, "but that doesn't automatically make you an adult"

"Finding more fallen hair on your pillow...

Your favourite stuffed bread dissappearing from the convenience store...

The accumulation of little despairs...

That is what makes you an adult!"

══════════════════

IM SORRY FOR DISSAPPEARING FOR A LONG TIME FORGIVE ME PLEASE :(

I will start posting more hopefully, it depends how much school and work wants to make suffer!

I'm excited to start slandering again 🙂

[not edited]

[731 words in total]