20

CHAPTER TWENTY ;
X GAMES MODE

[THIRD PERSON POV]

Yeah, the curse got smacked. HARD.

Obviously whenever our protagonist is whithin two miles of a curse and asleep, it's bound to happen.

"Thunder breathing, first form: Thunderclap and Flash."

Those were the few words that had been uttered before the curse had been beheaded and had exploded all over the floor and ceased to exist.

But did she wake up? No.

﹌﹌﹌

[WITH ITADORI AND JUNPEI]

It surprised Junpei that Itadori was still standing, let alone fighting him, even after being injected with the poison multiple times.

"Why didn't you avoid it?" his voice was shaky, like he was regretting was he was doing but went along with it anyway.

"Sorry" the vessel started, "I talked big when I didn't know anything. Tell me what happened" the usual happy demeanour was gone now, he had a desperate look on his face.

"I definitely won't curse you or anything, Junpei"

They then had heart-to-heart and Itadori invited Junpei to 'magic school'. The crash of a thunder like sound interrupted the conversation.

"What? But it's not even raining–"

"Who are you?" Itadori asked as he looked up at the curse that had appeared during the distraction.

"Nice to meet you..." the mystery man started, "Sukuna's host."

Before the ravenette could stop him, Itadori was flung across the room and into a window. He was then begging him to run. Junpei tried to defend the crazy curse until he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder.

"You know Junpei, well, you're smart, right? But you make foolish decisions based on your quick temper instead of deliberating." the curse continued, "Because you're about next in line in stupidity after the people you make fun of." he whispered quietly before giving a sickly smile.

"That's exactly why... You'll die–"

He was about to finish and turn Junpei into Perry the platypus but was interrupted by a fast flash of light and the teen not being there anymore.

And his arm was dropped onto the floor. Crouched lowly to the floor was our lovely main character out cold.

A steam emitting from her mouth, but her eyes were no longer shut. They were instead glowing a great gold colour. Her only target was the curse who dared to try and kill her future husband.

One problem, green spots were starting to appear from under the skin of her face and literally burning her up from the inside. Not amazing but who cares when you're asleep and [Y/N] [L/N]?

She skidded to a stop and let go of Junpei's collar she had so harshly dragged.

"I'll protect you, Junpei!" her voice was alot more deep this time instead of the high pitched screaming they were both used to.

'become the most durable blade of them all! It's alright if you can't do all of the techniques!'

The words of her beloved grandpa rang through her head, though unconscious, and lightning started to surround the hilt of her blade.

The curse just stared in amusement, obviously understating the sorcerer. He had been observing from afar for while whilst she was shivering like a mouse at the curse he had made. All he knew was that she was a coward who cried and wailed about everything.

Big mistake magic man.

Whilst the two were having (almost) a staring contest, Itadori had gotten out of the extended arm and was ready to sucker punch the curse in the face but was to slow. I mean, who can catch up with lightning?

"Thunder breathing, first form : Thunderclap and Flash"

She mumbled, the ground crumbled below as the rubble flew upwards, the two sorcerers watched on dumbfounded.

"sixfold"

She dissappeared, the air vibrating, leaving lightning in her path in a zig zag pattern. Too fast for even a curses eyes to percieve.

The curses eyes widened as he tried to follow along 'Fast!'  he thought. His line of sight followed the golden trail but was incredibly slow to react.

However, he was able to block the first blow with his now regenerated arm. It came clean off.

As soon as she appeared, she disappeared again and came from behind him and he jumped away, the blade scrached him.

He retreated to the hallways, which was also not a wise decision, and blinding light engulfed the whole of it. He could definitely feel it when the sword lodged into his neck though.

He withdrew quickly and jumped out of the window. The girl abruptly stopped and dropped onto the ground. The pink haired boy told the other teen to stay indoors and went outside in persuit of the curse. He had been informed of the little 'knocked out equals death' and 'she'll wake up eventually'

[FIRST PERSON]

My eyes opened and was met with dark eyes staring right back at me.

"AA–" I shot up and bumped right into their forehead. To be specific, Junpei's.

"OUCH! WHERE AM I? HOW ABOUT THE STAIRS? LANKY LEG CURSE? OHMYGODOHMYGODDIDIDIE!? WAIT, YOU DIED TO JUNPEI?"

The boy smiled sheepishly, it looked forced.

"Well... Nearly..."

"WHAT?! NEARLY?! SO I'M NOT DEAD?!"

"No... You saved me. Do you not remember?"

"I WHAT?! YOU SURE THAT WASN'T ROCK MUNCHER?!"

"... Who?"

"ROCK MUNCHER, THE RAT."

I reached into my pocket only to be met with nothingness.

"hm?" I hummed in confusion before panic set in once again.

"AAAAAAAAAH ROCK MUNCHER! I LOST HIM!"

══════════════════

have a chapter of #girlboss moments