19

CHAPTER NINETEEN ;
GRAMPS

TW : MENTIONS/INDICATIONS OF SUICIDE

"Haven't I already told you about what happens when you try to run away?" a croaky sounding voice asked as he prodded me with his walking stick.

"I do an extra 200 sword swings and you make me watch at least 3 horror movies and then sleep straight after"

"Correct! So why do you still do it? I'll just keep dragging you back you know." the old man did an evil smirk as he smacked me harder.

The prodding wasn't the worst and the punishments were never terrible. They were okay. Sure they were definitely not enjoyable but atleast they were manageable.

He was incredibly adamant of making me his successor. Maybe that's why he was so harsh and did everything in his power to steer me away from trying to escape.

He was a well known sorcerer. I had always known about curses as sorcerers and knew my eventual fate would probably end up like this.

Fighting curses. Watching people succumb to them. The cycle repeats and that will be my life.

I nevet really thought about saving people as my duty. The only thing they ever did was do me wrong after all. Gramps had taken another successor on before me.

He was quite a bit older and stayed until I was around halfway into training.

"Aren't you ashamed of how you treat him? He wastes his precious time on you and the thanks he gets is you wailing, kicking and running away? Pathetic"

Conversations usually started and carried on like that. He was obviously okay at first but I guess when he realised gramps had hope in a coward he hated my guts and wanted nothing more but for me to die.

He stayed until I came back from the 'entrance exam' at Jujutsu High. I had passed and I never saw him again. My hypothesis is that he was waiting for me to come back to tell them I had failed and he would go onto be the successor instead.

Training was never easy and gramps was certainly not gentle, even when I started at the tender age of 10. Even then I knew the basics.

My real fears started around 10 as well. It was when I saw a curse for the first time and was traumatised by it. Gramps was over the moon when he found I could see them but was worried I would quit.

So in turn, he put in every effort to stop me.

He taught me the technique he had been taught and wanted me to pass down but I could never master anything except from the first one.

He threw what I called at the time a 'old person tantrum' because I couldn't do the rest but soon came to terms with it.

Me passing down one technique was better than none.

So I trained tirelessly against my will to perfect it. I, according to the old man, had a tendency to pass out so he honed it to his and my advantage. My muscle memory became so strong I could do it asleep. He never told me so I was never aware of why he made me do it so many times.

When I came back from my first mission he was happy but looked sickly and pale. He wasn't in very good health but was terribly stubborn so he made me go on my secind mission.

After I returned, he was there.

He dissappeared and only left a letter that said 'open when you feel ready'.

I know in the back of my mind what he probably did but I went into denial and made myself think he was on a mission for a long time.

It was prolonged, but I soon grieved and came to terms that I would never see him again and decided to stay a sorcerer in honor of him.

I met gojo not long after. He knew I was socerer at the school and followed me from school like a creep.

That's when he asked me how I took out the curse with a pipe and the rest is history.

I'm not yet ready to open the letter or be happy about being a socerer all together.

I am however happy that I have a chance to do something I couldn't earlier,

make gramps proud

══════════════════

angsty and bitter sweet goodness. take it >:(

also, I'm sure you know what happens next

sicko mode