Chapter 1~Pity Party!

"How did it make you feel when you found someone you trusted was stealing from you? And how did you find out they were stealing from you?" asks Selena by her shrink Dr. Swank.

She pushes her dark rimmed glasses back up upon the top of her very narrow nose. Her messy brown hair hung around her tubby face as she listened to Selena.

"My dad came to me. He noticed we were getting letters and angered calls from fans who had gotten nothing back from my fan club when they joined. You see when they joined, they too are supposed to get something back. Like an autograph or a photo depending on the amount they give to us to help us travel out" Selena explains to her. "we noticed some of the money was missing with no explanations to how it happened. Yolanda kept promising me that she was going to tell me where the money went off to"

It was so hard learning to trust in someone again once they broke that trust. Once someone you loved with all your heart does you wrong like what happened to her it, damages your very soul. And you can't go back to the person you used to be.

Selena had been having nightmares for weeks since she was released from the hospital. Selena had no rest. Suzette her sister and her boyfriend Chris insisted that a shrink would help her. That Selena could trust again and talk to a stranger about what happened. So here she was. And it has not helped yet. Selena was trying to heal. Selena is trying.

"Selena what happened next?" she pries as she jots notes down in her notebook.

Selena frees a sliver hoop earring from being tangled in her black hair. Selena places a hand on her knee feeling a mix of jumbled nerves. And was not really eager to get into why someone whom she loved had stabbed her in the back. But here we go. Time to dig that knife out of her back.

"I told dad that I would confront Yolanda about the missing funds myself. Because every time he went to talk to her, they fought all the time. My dad did not like Yolanda. He warned me not to trust her. But I did. I trusted the wrong people. I just want to believe the best in people. It is my fault" Selena laughs bitterly as she remembers it all.

Like it was yesterday!

"Selena one thing you have to take into consideration is this, it is never the victims fault. It is their fault for what they chose to do. You never made Yolanda steal that money. You never made Yolanda shoot you and leave you there to die. She chose to do that" warns her shrink.

"She messed with my head, I try to get her out of there. And trust others again. But I do not know how" Selena stammers. She was lost.

She glances at the clock that rested hanging on the mustard yellow wall there.