Chapter 12~Easy Going!

Selena had a nice evening with Michael. Today was his last day in Texas. And she was finding herself very sad to see him go so soon. They were seated in her back yard on the porch swing. Enjoying a cold beverage. The sun was setting. Chris was off at a friend's house. It was just as well. She wanted to spend some alone time with her friend Michael.

Without her family around. Without her fiancé around. She was not sure it was a good idea. But she had to find out why she was feeling these feelings for her friend before he left.

Otherwise, she might be sorry if she did not figure things out. They did not peak for a bit. They had been talking a lot. Laughing a lot. They always had something fun to share with one another.

Michael was so easy going to talk to.

"I can't believe you have to go home tomorrow" sighs Selena as they swing on the swing.

"I know. Time fly by this week. I loved your mother's cooking. Like you said I would. And I love it here. I mean I see why you love Texas so much" he rambles on.

She nods. "When will be see you again?" she asks.

"I am not sure, but I will always make time for you. You know that? Right?" he replies to her.

"I know. You always do" she agrees with him.

He smiles over at her. "I bet you have a million things to do here. The wedding planning and not to mention your new album and the new clothing you are working on" he says to her.

"Wedding plans yeah..." she solemnly remarks. Her heart sinks. She and Chris had not talked about the wedding or marriage in some time. They always fought about what kind of wedding they wanted. And before they had to fight just to be together.

"Selena?" Michael softly says her name. Goosebumps splatter on her arm when she hears her name on his lips.

"Yes?" she answers.

"How is the wedding planning going?" he asks her.

"Not real well. We have not set a date. I just don't know" she mutters. "we had setbacks when I was wounded. I had to focus on my health. Getting better. Music and the wedding kept getting further from me you know?" she replies as she explains herself to him.

"Do you still want to marry him?" he wants to know. She glances down at her ring.

"Chris has always been there through the bad times. I mean he is going through stuff. I should be there for him also" says Selena.

"Do you want to marry him?" he repeats himself.

"I don't know what we both want. I am scared to bring it up. I don't want to hurt him. I care so much about Chris" she admits. "I love him. The idea of what we used to be. I am so confused right now" sighs Selena.