Chapter 17~In Between!

When Selena came to she was in a hospital bed. And her family was watching over her. She felt like she had been hit by a ton of bricks. Her head spun a bit. She gasps remembering all that happened. She had last been at the concert. And she was no longer there. What on earth happened??

Chris was talking to her father and her sister. No one noticed she had woken up yet. Selena watches on tv there was Entertainment Tonight on there.

And there was Selena all passed out on stage in Michael's embrace. She was being rushed off the stage by Michael as fans looked on with worry. What on earth happened??

"Selena! Selena is up" calls out Suzette.

"What happened? Why are we not at the concert?" worries Selena.

"You had a slight panic attack. And you passed out on the stage" her father explains.

"But Michael what a hero. He rushed to you right as you nearly hit the stage floor. It was so romantic!" gushes Suzette.

"Michael?" she says as her cheeks grow rosy.

"You two are all over the news" says Chris. "I should be the one saving my fiancé. I knew this was to soon for you" he worries.

"Chris I was fine. But then I panicked. It was not your fault at all" she vows. "you had no way of knowing" she says.

"Michael, did" he pouts.

"Dad mom everyone can I talk to Chris alone?" asks Selena.

"Sure we will go tell the doctor you are awake" says her mother. They head out of the room.

"Chris this was my fault. Not yours" Selena promises him. "Michael was helping. No one thinks you were not helping. You did not know" she promises him.

"You have not heard all of what the press says. Apparently they think you and Michael might have a romance in the works" he grunts with anger.

"Chris that is silly! We are only friends. And you and I are getting married" she points out.

"Selena, someone is here to see you" Suzette tells her.

"Send them in" she sighs feeling frustrated.

Michael comes in. There was a guard outside the door to keep fans out.

"MJ thanks for saving our girl" Chris gracefully says as he shakes Michael's hand.

"No worries. I will always be there for her and you all" he promises Chris.

"I will let you two talk" Chris says as he leaves the room. Selena could tell he was still upset.